curling leaves

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by realdozzy, Apr 11, 2013.

1. I have a couple of plants in my grow that are not looking to good. I have 7 plants in total 1 power plant and 6 lemon ice cream. On a couple of the lemon ice cream the leaves on them are curling downwards and looking very limp. I have just transferred them all into there permanent pots 3 gallon but they do not seem to be picking up at all they have been in the new pots now for 4 days. They were all in smaller pots before that and i think that they were in them a bit to long as that's where the problem started. When they were transferred they all had a very strong root ball but just do not seem to want to pick up at all. Can anyone help out here please and give me some suggestions.

2. probably overwatering. need pics.

3. I don't know. It could be a lot of things. But I don't think it is over watering. Over watering will make the leaves turn upward with the edges turned up too to expose more of the surface that transpires the water away. Limp downward turned leaves can be dry, not the case here it sounds like, or lots of other things. How is their color?

4. what youre describing is heat stress. overwatering causes downwards cupping - kinda like underwatering, but stiff and rounder.

5. That could be. But when I had the problem I stopped watering every day and only watered when the grow bag got light and the problem went away. The temperature stayed the same, more or less.

6. Needs pics. Curling under can be over watering is normally over watering or excessive nutrients. Under watering looks more droopy and deflated. Heat stress will normally cause damage at the leaf margins rather than curling up or down at the tips.

7. the whole leaf is drooping not just the leaf margins. I have noticed that on 1 of the plants the very top leaves a couple of new leaves have started curling upwards and showing the underneath of the leaf. which going by the 1 reply on here says over watering. Think i will leave them a few days and see if they perk up. I will try and get pics on here later 2nite.