Curling leaves

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by justflowering12, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Ok well about 2 weeks in with my 2 dwc 5 gal buckets and my pineapple chunk is looking great very healthy with very broad green leaves. My liberty haze is growing but the leaves arent looking as healthy as i would like. they are starting to curl on the edges with the edges looking just a tad bit less green than the center of the leaf. Its still growing but just concerned. the ppm in the bucket is 415 and temps running 75-79 degrees rh at 45% to 55%. 400watt mh about 10 inches above the plants. Any ideas on what might be causing the curling? Im using advanced nutes grow mirco bloom. Any recommendations how to mix my nutes? Its my first time using them and not sure if there is any science or arithmetic to adding these three liquids to ro water?

2. of course man, when you add nute to your reservoir, be sure you mix this very well, with a big soup hand or something, but this need to be mixed preferably everyday, it will also prevent a bit of fungus or algue on the side of the rez.
    but if you only drop your nutes in the water, and dont mix it,, then your doing this very badly.
    you need to have an acces to your rez to see werer the water is at what level, and if you need to add more water everyday,i dont know the size of your rez but, normally if the plants looks healty and leaves are curling, its because they are overfeeded ( normally ),add more water than nutes,lower your ppm by adding more water.
    some strain like more ppm than other so, if you grow 2 strain,, 1 can like this , and the other one can like less ppm,

3. Thanks for the advice. I know this is novice question but i havent found very many clear explanations how to use these nutes with these buckets. Im gonna put a brand new solution in tonight and see if that helps. Ill try to add some pics for a better idea of my problem

4. 415 PPM at two weeks old may be too strong IMO. Cut it down to 200 to 250 PPM and slowly increase as the plants grow larger

5. use one to two ml per liter for now. Its on the bottle that you can use up to 4ml per liter. Take some pics or better explain the "edges curling". Could be heat stress, overnuteing, or excess calcium depending on WHERE and WHICH DIRECTION the curling is happening :)

6. not the clearest picture but the red box surrounds the worst looking leaves. curling is up and on the edge of leaves

Attached Files:

7. heat stress. Move lights up a little or reduce temps in grow room if possible. you can measure temps at leaves to get a base and then try to get it to mid 70s

8. I agree with ace. Move those lights up a bit and check air circulation.