Curling leaves

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fat freddy, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Need to get some opinions, on what may be causing the leaves on my plants to curl up.

Closet grow, roughly about 5ft by 5ft.
    Using 400W HPS
    Not using nutes at this time (havn't decided if I will use them this time around)
    Avg temp. about 82F (low of 79F and high of 85F)
    Avg humidity about 51% (low of 35 and high of 68%)
    Soil PH about 7

The temp was running higher before (as high as 93F) and the humidity was down around 40% (avg).

I bought an air cooler, and this seems to be helping a little bit (just got it yesterday). I still think it may have to do with the heat, but I 'm not sure.

The light is about a foot above the plants, and I can hold my hand above the plants and I don't feel to much heat.

One plant seems to do it more than the other.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. They look ok to me. A little drooping or curling when the plants are that size is pretty normal I think. Just make sure you are watering enough, but not too much. Let the plants dry out good before you water them each time. Bottom line... I would not start adjusting stuff to correct it. Give it a couple more weeks to mature more and see what happens.

3. Thanks Toke, hopefully things will be o.k.

I just got back from home depot, and picked up some PH down. I think I do want to bring down the Ph a little bit. Or do you think I should let be for awhile also?