curling leaves and yellow leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by domnuiliescu, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Hello everyone. It's my first attemp to grow anything. I'll tell you about my setting and after that, my problem and pictures.
    1. soil: canna terra pro
    2. light: 2 x 400 w HPS
    3. seeds: AK48 from nirvana
    4. nutrients: no nutrients
    5. water: filtered water PH 7 or reversed osmosis PH 5
    6. temperature 23-27 Celsius thanks to a convector

I have 5 plants which sprouted in the same time and I planted them in the same time, same conditions.
    After 3 weeks, 3 of them developed better than the others. Better means no problem. The problemaic plants had curling leaves. The first thing i did was watering them not much rare than the others. In the 4th week there was no change. I read some articles and I've found out about the problems with high PH so I bought a PH Down, I tested the mixed water and I gave them a 5 PH'd water, hoping it will stabilize the soil's PH. After 3 days, no change. I bought a Florakleen to flush the soil. The water in which I mixed florakleen had PH 6. We are now in the 2nd day since the last operation and things look like this. What can I do to resolve the problem and what can be the problem? Low nutriets? Should I buy some nutrients? I want to make everything as bio as I can.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. #2 domnuiliescu, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2012
    I have to add that the light is about 40 cm from the plants and the pots are 11L. The curling leaves are on the top of 3 plants and the yellowish leaves are on the bottom of the same plants. The light program is 20/4. The water on the leaves was pulverized by me.

3. I would realy need some experienced help guys. unless I'm paranoid and my plants are fine. thanks.

4. how much $ a month does 2 400w cost you just curious thanks

5. #5 domnuiliescu, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2012
    hi. 2000W costs me around 50$ per month, maybe less

6. They look hungry. Also, the curling leaves may indicate slight light/heat stress. 40cm might be just a bit close for those particular plants. Different strains have varying tolerances, so maybe just move them to the edge of the canopy or bump up the light slightly.

Yellowing in the lower leaves indicates a mobile element and N in particular. Start them on a light dose of a solid balanced nutrient regimen.

7. ok. thank you. i'll feed them tomorrow :) and I'll update their status.

8. thank you guys. I used the ph down to make the ideal ph for my water and I used the Florakleen. This was happening on the 2nd of march. I came back on monday, 5th of march after 4 days and everything was wow. We are back on track. I'll update my post with pictures. Some leaves are still curled, but there are no yellow leaves anymore. On monday I fed them for the first time with fertilizers from general organics - Bio thrive grow.