Curling leaves and brown leaf tips/pistils

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by bluepalowski, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Hey guys,

I have two sativas (SLH) that are in the 4th week of flowering and they have always seemed to have this problem of slightly curling leaves but it has gotten really bad recently. I am doing a soil grown and I have been feeding them 2 tbsp grow big and 1 of big bloom during flowering per gallon, twice a week.

One of the plants has leaves that are yellowing in the middle of the plant, not at the bottom or at the tips, but all of the mid/top leaves have severe curling.

The other plant has pretty green leaves everywhere, but they are all curling horribly like a claw and now the pistils are starting to turn brown from the center, not orange. Also the leaf tips on this plant near the new growth are turning brown as well. I tried to take a picture of this but I am not sure if it came out very well.

I pH my water to 6.5 with potassium hydroxide after making the nutrient mixture, could this be overfeeding? Seemed like all these issues with my plants popped up when I started flowering, which makes me think it is the tiger bloom because thats when I started using it.

Thanks for the help

Attached Files:

2. It looks like it might be overfeeding to me. Maybe try flushing with straight water for the next couple of feedings and see if they get better.

3. You're using FF?

It's definitely nute burn, curling/bronzing on the leaf tips/clawing and bronzing on the leaf serates are all an indication.

Why are you using grow big? You should be using only Bloom

When I used FF, I fed 2tsp/gal and up to 3tsp/gal (15ml) for aggressive strength in the last week or so before flushing.

4. Thanks for the replys guys! I also have a feeling it is overfeeding, I will try pH'd water for the next couple of weeks. So you guys don't think I have to do a soil flush, just use water? also
    @s7

I was using grow big as well because I was going off the FF feeding plan (half of the normal plan that is)

5. You should probably flush, the clawing is pretty bad. If you don't the leaves will crisp up, and not have a silky smooth feel to the leaves.

I also said big bloom, I meant tiger bloom. The grow big/tiger bloom is a 2 part, with big bloom being extra. I didn't use big bloom at all, but you should start back at 1.5 or 2tsp/gallon tiger bloom + big bloom dosage.

Don't use grow big at all during flowering, you don't want that extra nitrogen. Just progress to aggressive 3tsp/gal tiger bloom eventually.

6. ^^ Like he said.

7. Cool thanks guys, a lot of the leaves were pretty crispy already so I ripped 'em off and I am hoping the plant recovers, thanks for the info though!