Curling leaves and a dead seedling?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DanF88, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Hey all, on one of my seedlings the leaves are twisting a bit and another seedling started off well but appears to be stagnant in its growth and isn’t producing any leaves so I’m guessing it died but I’m wondering if you guys might know why both of either have happened.

Strain: Master Kush
    Soil: ProMix Organic
    Water Ph: ~ 6.0, water when top inch is dry approx. every 2-2.5 days, only watering around plant not soaking the soil
    Lighting: 1 x 300W LED at 9” (had it at 18 and seedling grew so leggy I had to bury it more) 4 x 39W T5 surrounding plants (not intentionally side lighting, just don’t fit over top)
    Nutrients: None (yet)
    Environment: 3 x 6 x 2 (w x h x d) pop up closet, 4” exhaust, passive intake, 22-26 C (72-79 F), 45-57% RH

Attached Files:

2. Fungus sometimes attacks seeds before the get out the door. Or they will crack and die out just as fast. Look for stem rot, or root rot.
    and Promix O is hot... should be ok for the seedlings though.
    9" way close.

3. How old is the promix? Old peat can have a super low ph. Make a slurry with equal parts peat and distilled water, let sit for 15 minutes and test ph.

4. I thought it was close too but when the light was higher my plant stretched to about 4” tall, all stem. It’s not hot under the light I can put my hand on the light itself without burning.

5. I just bought the promix so I’m guessing not too old. I tested my soil Ph and it came back fairly neutral.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I’ve never used that soil, so can’t comment on it’s content. Usually a seed starting mix is used like biobizz light mix or happy frog with added Perlite. Coco has always germinated well for me too, but it’s inert so you have to feed lightly.

7. I've used that soil. Did you add lime to it? Its good at first, but, as S2C pointed out, later on the pH will drop. When/if you transplant, add some dolomite lime to the mix.

I trust the T5s more with seedling. They been handling it pretty good with 304 boards (I've been testing).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1