Curling, crispy looking brown leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by MasterJ, Jan 11, 2010.

1. #1 MasterJ, Jan 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2010
    What is wrong with this plant? It was just fine a few days ago, looking like a beautiful sativa with a few burn marks here and there, then I wake up to something like this, which is progressively getting worse. I flushed with regular water. The "new growth", which doesn't exist, I mean the tiny little leaves growing out of the buds, look much better than the other, older, leaves. I am completely puzzled. It gets a bit cold in the nights, and a bit hot in the days (which I'm going to fix later today by adding another fan), but it's not too terribly hot in there. I don't have a thermometer but when I open it, it doesn't feel hot. And it's not hot when I have my hand in there.

Anyways, what the hell do i do!

The pictures were of much higher quality .TIF files, but are too big for grasscity (16 MB and i think almost 3000 pixels wide) so these are of lesser quality.

Attached are pictures of my beauty from maybe 2 or 3 days ago, and now.

Attached Files:

2. The pictures are not showing up

3. Thanks bud. Got them up. First 3 are now, latter 2 are before.

4. toxic salt build up, bad! flush with pH water and and enzyme solution, like hygrozyme.
    ur toxicity is so severe that a mild food solution might be detrimental, and enzymes will dissolve excess nutrients, and other dead matter in ur soil, like the roots that have been destroyed
    after the flush give it a couple days then resume feeding 200 ppm less then ur inital feeding

5. Ditto JaneMBA

Plus your prolly over feeding them. with just cfl's and not 1000w you can't feed them as heavy.

6. Okay crap so I have to flush some more? Where do I find an enzyme solution that's fairly cheap?

My other question is... will my plant still be able to photosynthesize? How will she continue making buds?

7. Bump. What to do about lack of photosynthesis, and lack of an enzyme solution. I flushed twice already. Perhaps a third time?

8. u dont need enzymes, but there really good to have, its like $30-40 for 1 liter.
    after ur two flushes are they looking better? i would start feeding them again, just feed them less then what u were using, and they new growth should look beter

9. I haven't fed them yet, and I can't say the leaves look any better. And there is no 'new growth' aside from bud growth. I'm over a month into flowering after only 3 weeks veg.

10. oh... this is going to stunt ur yeild, but its a good learning experience.
    i would resume feeding

11. Do I want to do any pruning? Vegitative growth is all but over now, except for new sugar leaves and stuff in the buds. I've flushed maybe twice times, with about 2x the soil's volume each time, without an enzyme solution. Should I flush again? I see no new improvement, bud growth is still happening, though I think not as fast.

12. Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't dolomite lime help? I mean they are pretty severely burned, but for the problem at hand I think dolomite lime might help. but you might need something stronger

13. #13 janemba, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2010
    DL is magnesium and calcium, mg will make the buds crackle this late into flower (mg is flamible)
    if the leaves dont recover from the wilt then they will start dying and just cut them off then. let the soil dry out a little then start feeding

14. No Never prune, leaves are your plants life line to the lights!
    Be patient, it will come back if you get your nutes & ph in line.

15. --ahh okay, thanks. lol. If it wasn't so late in flwr might the DL have worked? jw..

16. Okay well I realized today a lot of the leaves just fall off so I lost a few of them. I'm feeding at far less than I had been. Learning experience: Chemical Ferts = flush often!!

I'm hoping they'll recover. Bud production looks good still. Will feed either tomorrow or the day after, leaving a few days for it to dry out.

Plan on doing this: I usually feed three cups. So one 1/2 cup with diluted fert, and 1 1/2 cup of mollasses afterwards, so most of the drip-out is fert.