Curled Leaves

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tommycrown04, Feb 27, 2017.

1. I have a few plants that the tips of the leaves are starting to curl. I've also notice that they are getting a little yellow too.

Also one of my plants has a few leaves that are rust color and some of the newer leaves are getting the brown spots.

I've looked on the internet and seems the curled up leaves is from too much nitrogen. Not sure about the brown spots. Any advice would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Leaves curled down like a claw and dark green are too much nitrogen. You have to watch mixing symptoms and misdiagnosing a plant. You can easily make problems worse and do the opposite thing you should be doing.

One of the other things that can cause curled down tips on the leaves is overwatering or underwatering. The plant will droop from either of these conditions typically. If your under curled leaves aren't accompanied by a dark green color chances are you don't have a nitrogen toxicity.

From what I can see the slightly off color areas are the start of a cal/mag issue or possibly off ph causing lockout of nutrients. It also looks slightly overwatered. I don't see too much nitrogen don't starve the plant. I would let it dry out for a day and possibly put more air on it if you can. Come back feeding the same you have but with a cal/mag supplement. Most of them have additional nitrogen but only a little. The bottom brown spots look like either you splashed nutrients on them or the plant is robbing lower leaves to grow roots. Nothing to worry about.

What light are you under?

3. They are under a 400w metal halide. About 18 inches away. I did just water them about 2 days ago. They are in 1 gallon pots. I put 3 solo cups of water per plant is that too much?

4. Not a indoor soil grower but I think you may be watering a bit much. I see a lot of blotching and had it myself until I switched to a amino acid additive in hydro. I use well water and it seems to help with calcium uptake as my plants are now green till chop. I do stop using 3 weeks before harvest as it does have a bit more nitrogen than I like. I have never added calcium or adjusted PH on my outdoor plants but they are typically fed with organic nutrients and bone meal

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Thanks Water dawg. I use normal tap water, however this is the 1st time I didn't put any nutrients in the water just used the water. I think I will scale back on the watering.

• Like Like x 1