Curious, Why do you grow?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by KouchLoch, Sep 25, 2013.

1. #1 KouchLoch, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
    I've been growing for about a year and I've met a lot of growers over that time.  The one thing I notice is that it's mostly the white guys that grow.  I'm black and I grow for my own personal use as well as a great learning experience about how this fascinating WEED grows! I'm just curious about the other growers here and why they grow. If you're willing to share, let's find out about techniques, reasons and the community in general!

By the way, because I so much LOVE to show off my girls, here's a pic of my current outdoor.  When the screen fills out, I'll be blasting pics of the indoor LED experiment.

IMG_0463.JPG
     ​

EDIT: it's been a while since I posted this, but I've put a few more informative links in my arsenal. I hope they help some first time growers!
    http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/1293104-what-good-growers-already-know-top-5-lessons-new-growers.html
    http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/1293183-helpful-timer.html
    http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/1293280-what-my-buds-going-look-like.html

2. #2 TheAnswer121, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2013
    I grow because I smoke a lot and i'm cheap. :laughing:  it's also a fun, relaxing, and extremely rewarding (obviously) experience.

I use dwc, just my personal preference.

3. Nice pic!  :)

I grow because it saves me money, I know what i'm getting and it's fun!

I am curious as to why you would bring race into the equation?

4. #4 KouchLoch, Sep 25, 2013
    Because of the 10 growers I've met, 9 of them have been white! You've think living in SoCal, I'd even run into a few hispanics.  Why don't the black guys grow?  Doesn't really make sense, I'm really STONED! :bongin:

Anyways, this seemed like a good social topic in a section of the forum (still dedicated to growing), where most of the posts are, "Can anyone tell me what strain this is?"

5. The white guys grow it and the black guys sell it and make bank :)

6. LMAO, I guess I went straight to the source then, huh? :smoke: :yay:

7. I grow it because I can't get as good as I grow, at any price, most of the time.  And I use it all day to stave off the effects of PTSD.  That cost a bunch if I bought it all.

8. PTSD? Military? Yea, I know the feeling if that's the case.

9. Same reason as you man. It's a great experience, and it cuts out the middleman. I know exactly what strain I'm growing, and exactly what's being used as nutrients.

10. No, not military.  Child abuse.  Vicious, violent, brutal and usually unexpected and unwarranted.  One of the most common causes of PTSD.

11. That outdoor plant is beautiful. It looks like an ancient bonsai tree. 

I grow because:  It's fun.
                                It's challenging .
                                I know what I'm getting.
                                It's less expensive. ( although it is getting cheaper here in Co.)
                                It's legal here .
                                I get paid to grow.
                                Last but not least, Because I can.

12. Sorry to hear it, but sounds like you've learned to deal with it. I was in SW Asia in Desert Storm.  Haven't been right since...

13. I grow indoor for personal use. Mine usually taste a lot better than majority that I get. I love quality. And outdoor I grow to have quantity n my outdoor is bomb too if I must say so my self:) oo Hispanic over here. Californian as well

14. Thanks, I just realized today that growing them like that disguises them to the point where the "average" person can't really tell the difference.  It was just an experiment really, but I love the way they all came out.  I have 6 of them just like that. 

Reasons: all very good ones!  I love the last one!  Because I can

15. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1380135462.940283.jpg sorry meant to post this pic of my current outdoor project lemon kush

16. #17 JustAnotherToker, Sep 25, 2013
    I grow for many different reasons:

I love the plant in all it's shapes and sizes, I like to smoke it, I like to look at it, I like to take care about it, I like the high.

Another reason is that in my country you can only buy schwag if you are lucky to score anything at all and then you are lucky half of that isn't seeds or dust (from overdried weed). Many times you smoke a full joint and you say to yourself am I high or am I just immagining it cause of the placebo effect or tobacco you need to mix it with else it wont burn that crappy weed...
    I've been smoking for 15 years now and I didnt score anything but schwag once, and I had many different dealers even different cities...

EDIT:
    I forgot to add that this schwag doesnt have any smell of weed at all it smells like hay and it's compressed like a brick, few times the grinder had problems cutting it. What weed lover wouldnt grow his own in this circumstances?

And last but not least for insomnia, I have a really hard time falling asleep at night, if I dont rest well I'll be sleepy all day, specially in the morning and late at night I wont be sleepy at all :(

17. That would really SUCK!  I'm very happy that I live here in Cali where we grow the best weed in the WORLD! (shameless plug)

On a different note, where are all the women at!  Has anyone ever met a female grower (a real grower, not a helper) that knows the game?

18. Yet another reason why I grow.  I was just out on the patio and I took this pic... absolutely stunning!

IMG_0491.JPG

19. Shits expensive, growing isn't..made sense to me.   :confused_2: