Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Curious question

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by FunkeeNuggz514, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Hey what's cracking y'all? I have a quick question for anyone who knows the answer. I have recently been getting this super funky herb lately and I have been running every bit I put in my vape I always run it thru my sandbox after having it in the freezer for an hour or so. Well, my question is does running it thru the kief box make it lose potency? I was wondered since you are knocking the trichomes off instead of smoking them. If anyone has some insight, feel free to let me know.

2. If you are moving the buds around alot and its funky shit (covered in crystals) then yes, you are bound to knock off some of the outer layer of crystals.....Therefor reducing the potency...but not by alot, just depends how much crystals you knock off.

3. you don't knock off enough to make any huge difference
    plus its nice having all that keif after you save it up for a while, def worth it in my opinion

4. I agree!! I haven't noticed much of a difference but I was kinda curious. I always freeze my herb and pthen run it thru my sandbox. Here is what I have collected in the last month and I plan on stocking up til July 1 when I leave for Rothbury!!

Attached Files:

5. Kief! Yummy.

6. Nice collection you got going. It does lose some potency but really not noticeable (at least to me) and it seems you just lose small amount of trichromes that add up until after a bit you've got a decent amount of kief. Worth losing a bit now for a more potent form later.