curious question...

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by sharpstone, Dec 12, 2008.

1. im studying for a psychology final, and im at the section on drug therapy and how they give bi polar patients lithium. just a curious question has anyone ever taken it, or heard of someone taking it for non medicinal purposes? im not planning on taking it or anything i just was reading about it and was like, shit dont they put that in batteries

2. i did that section last week..i was wondering if anyone ever took Thorazine 4 recreational purposes, erowid pretty much said no to that though.

3. #3 coliebear, Dec 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2008
    Lithium used for bipolar disorder is always a salt. Whether it be hydrochloride, bromide, citrate, etc, it's alway's going to be the lithium cation (positive) bonded to one of the former elements in a compound, never the pure element. Lithium is a pretty sketchy drug, those who are taking it are also taking blood tests and the like to make sure it's not affecting organ function, cell counts or any other essential monitorable bodily function. Don't confuse lithium used in batteries with the medicine, they are completely different substances/formulations.

4. i knew they took blood tests, i personally know someone with a disorder..thats some good information though thank you, i would imagine its probably a common misconception to think that someone is ingesting something in batteries. i was thinking that maybe if someone had taking it without havbing the disorder that maybe they would just be like flat, you know? like no emotion or anything