Curious of people's opinions on my growing practices...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by leddzepp8687, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Hey all,

Long time lurker, seldom poster... Been doing a lot more reading on here lately as I have my biggest grow underway currently. This is my 3rd grow and so far, it is on track to be my most successful from the looks of things.

I currently have 6 plants under 3 LED panels, one 300w equivalent, two 450w equivalent.

This is a soil grow, I am using Miracle grow organic (I know, people hate anything MG), that contains very little fertilizers, with vermiculite and perlite mixed into it. Honestly, I kinda eyeballed ratios when I mixed it all up, which is what I've done in the past.

A lot of what I've read about watering schedules, etc, has been completely different than what I've ever experienced. My plants need water twice a day, because that is what they tell me that they need. I feed them big bloom and grow big after the plants appear to be well established and then ween them off of the grow big somewhere around 8-10 weeks. I then flip them to an alternating straight water then feed diet, feed consisting of big bloom and tiger bloom. My feed ratios are 1 tbs big bloom, 1 tsp tiger bloom.

My girls are all standing tall around 36-40 inches at the moment and have been under 12/12 for 3 weeks and are showing some great early bud development all over the plants, so I'd like to think something is working...

My question to you all is this though... Do you feel as though I've been doing something wrong by watering twice daily and how do you feel about my feeding schedule of nutes? I used very little nutes the last grow and therefore, I am questioning myself this time around. I absolutely love doing this though, and would like to maximize and increase yields with each new grow. I've never topped or FIM'd, but I am most certainly going to try that next go around...

TIA for any insight, advice or whatever you have to offer!

2. some pictures would be very helpful ,,,like how big are your pots ,,plus whats the temps etc? watering twice aday seems like your pots are a bit on the small size ( i may be wrong)if you water twice a day ,,mac..

3. There isn't really such a thing as "___w equivalent" panel. If you want folks to have a proper idea about your grow, post the...

1. Make/model of your light fixtures.
    2. Size and material of pot.
    3. Dimensions of grow space.
    4. Include some pics.
    Sounds like a pretty basic/standard grow. I water about every 1 to 4 days, depending on size and status of the plants, but I grow in 7 and 9 gallon pots.

4. If your leaves are staying nice and green, stems are strong, then your soil and feeding practices are working fine.
    Did your buds come out thick and dense and with good weight, on last grow? Then you have enough light...
    If the buds are not getting dense, then you don't have enough light. Simple as that .

• Like Like x 2
  5. My pots are 5 gallon buckets that are cut in half, with drainage holes in the bottom.

The light fixtures are viparspectra panels.
    As mentioned above, containers are 5 gallon buckets cut in half with drainage holes (obviously)
    Dimensions on grow space I don't know of off hand, but it is has double bifold doors.
    Might try to get some pics up soon.

Leaves are staying nice and green, plants are strong and healthy. The buds from the last grow came out nice and dense, not "fluffy" or "airy" at all. Next go around though, I'd like to do like 3-4 plants and focus heavily on topping to maximize the light that the colas get,

• Like Like x 1
  6. sounds like you have every base covered mate ,,,you must have good drainage then to water twice a day. ,,,mac.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Each bucket has about 8 or so 1/8th inch holes drilled in the bottoms of them. Almost wondering if the need for as much water as they require is due to the amount of perlite in the soil.

Gettin real excited to twist up a fat one with these buds! They are looking tasty

8. If you are giving the plants half a gallon of water or less then you probably have to water twice a day? If you are giving each plant a gallon or more of water twice a day I'd say something if wrong with your soil and you could be wasting money on nuits if you feed every watering..

9. My pots are 5 gallon buckets that are cut in half, with drainage holes in the bottom.

so you are trying to grow weed in a 2.5usg pot...?

fail: potup to a 3usg minimum

come water time imo

lift pot

THINK(decide to water or not)

good luck

• Agree Agree x 1