Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Curious: How big is yer bowl?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by adada, Feb 26, 2008.

1. While surfing around grasscity, I always come across statements from smokers like 'i smoke 7 bowls a day' or 'i cleared that bowl in 1 hit!' yada yada yada. My question is this:

How big are the bowls you guys are talking about? I'm a (relatively) new smoker (only been tokin daily for a couple months) and am unsure if theres some unwritten code when it comes to bowl size. i.e. 'when i say bowl, i always mean the fully packed bowl of my bong'

Also,
    How many times/how much do yall smoke in a day?

2. Yea, bowls are definitely different sizes, but I think most people would agree a "standard" bowl is around .4, give or take .1 (or at least I think)

My bong bowl fully packed (with screen) holds only like .3 at mosttt, and thats crazy packed. Did that on purpose with the screen to help conserve.

However, my bubbler's bowl fully packed could hold a gram if it was broken down good enough, but i usually put about .4-.5 in there.

3. theres no universal bowl size. ive seen bowls that only hold .2 and bowls that hold 1g+

I prefer smaller bowls, more greens, no hitting a pile of charred ash.

As far as how many times to smoke ina day...its all up t you

4. I think you have already answered your own question. There is no size to a standard bowl. First consider the physical size of a bowl from piece to piece. A small chillum will only hold .2~ of a gram. A medium spoon might fit .5~. A large bong bowl might hold over a gram. And then there is the actual bowl that you pack. Toking with a few people will almost always entail packing to the full capacity of the bowl. If I'm just sitting around by myself however, only pack a 1/2 of the physical capacity of the bowl might work. Now back to your original question, what is the size of one bowl? In the above cases, one bowl is the term used to describe the fact that I packed one bowl of herb, either full or not, and I smoked it comopletely. So no, there is no general size. Its all subjective. those losers that claim to have smoked 20+++ bowls actually packed 20 one hiter bowls. Lame.

5. whats so good about evening having a large bowl. they just tend to get ashy. it takes like 3 seconds to slap the bowl on your palm to clean and throw a new neg in.

6. Me and my friend always do it right, stuff at least .25-.5 grams into his bong.

7. i don't even pack my bowl to capacity. just enough for one hit (out of my bong). like chopsui said more greens, no ash

my bowl can probably hold about .4 tho. never bothered to measure

8. like a 4-5 inch spoon. Good weed you only need to hit 2-4 times

9. My RooЯ firemaster 18.15 Holds a pound, I can clear it in one hit. Lets just say it get's you blazed....

10. .2 and i smoke on weekends, about 2 times a day.

11. My sherlock can hold a gram.

12. my bong can hold 2g

13. My bowl can hold about a gram, i put .1-.3 in it. Too bad i dont have a bong for it anymore.

14. one bowl I have for my bong can hold an eighth. and I've done it before but it was mad wasteful. I just wanted to prove it could be done.

15. my illadelph bowl holds like .3? but i smoke 2. bowls should i try killing biger bowls?

16. my bong bowl fits about .8, and its usually cleared in 2 hits, then repacked. then cleared, then repacked, and cleared again..... then im high enough .... usually :)

17. My regular bowl, a reverse spoon, can hold approx .6g

My vape whip will fit about 1.5g (OverClocked)

and my local headshop has a 9g capacity bowl for my slider that I plan on picking up whenever I can scrape up fifteen xtra bucks

I have about 13 other pieces but other than those, their aren't very many varients in size to the spoons bowl capacity.

18. about a gram

2 bowls out of it gets me fucking blowed.

19. mine will fit a nice 1.0

20. A bowl could be .1, all the up to 1.5 grams...