Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Curious about faint line?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mmmmToXiN, Sep 26, 2012.

1. #1 mmmmToXiN, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2012
    So I have a UA coming up for an important job, high pay. I took an at home test to see if I'm clean. I still have till next Friday to take the "official test" but the First Check test showed a very faint line, does this still count as negative?!

ForumRunner_20120926_030946.png

2. See the key on the bottom left, where it shows one with two full lines, and one with one full line and one faint line, and says they both mean negative?

That's your answer. :p

3. Just the faintness really confuses me because it's really faint, and I don't know if it matters how faint it is, just that its there????? Blahhh sorry it's just really early. Haha.

4. On those tests, a line is a line, no matter how faint it is.

The faint line is because you still have trace amounts of THC in your body, but not enough above the threshold of the test.

5. So would probably fail a lab test at this moment in time?

6. FAQs about home drug tests, Answers to frequently asked questions about home drug testing.

The Drug Line is lighter than the Control Line. Does this mean some drug is present?

No. Any line next to the word Drug or the drug abbreviation (depending on the test you have purchased), no matter how dark or light, is considered a Negative Result and no further testing is required. It is possible that the intensity of the lines will vary among the drugs being tested for due to a variety of reasons such as; how diluted the urine is, the pH or protein level of the urine, or interference from a metabolite in the urine that closely resembles the drug.

7. If I remember correctly, the instruction manual for that clearly states that "any line no matter how faint is still a negative." Or something along those lines. I don't think they were lying

8. I don't know much about drug tests but I gather a lab one would be more accurate than a home test. How long has it been since you smoked?

9. My buddy I play disc golf with got fired for a faint line. His boss was selling the business he worked for to these other people and the other people are dicks and drug test. After he got fired he opened his own restaurant so it worked out for the best.

10. [quote name='"bazoski1er"']

I don't know much about drug tests but I gather a lab one would be more accurate than a home test. How long has it been since you smoked?[/quote]
    About three weeks, I'm a rather small person, 5'11 130lbs. ;/ I have until next Friday to be 100% clean.

11. hm i would just start joggin and drinking fluids should be fine

12. I really think you're being too cautious. Which in a lot of cases, is a very good thing.

Just drink a decent amount of water and urinate often until you have to take the test. I'm 95% sure you'll be fine.

13. Mine is super faint as well, did you pass your drug test?

Attached Files:

14. I work in a lab that does drug testing and if the instructions that came with the kits said even a faint line means negative then it doesn’t matter how faint it is, as long as we can see it then it’s negative. Your employer would have to decide though if they’re accepting a faint line as negative or not but from a lab perspective, it’s negative. The employer might be using a kit with a different detection limit than the one you have though so what comes up negative on yours may be positive on theirs if it’s more sensitive.

To answer someone above asking about if lab tests would be more sensitive than those kits, the answer is yes they can be, very much more. They’re also much more expensive and take longer to get results so I’m not sure if a company would go that far.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum