Curiosity

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HammerCam, Jul 8, 2017.

1. [​IMG]

Should I be worried about these bottom leaves dying? I just changed from miracle grow soil to coco coir today due to difficulties with phos def. also cut nutes down to 1/4th the norm to start flushing the plant.

Don't forget to bring a towel!
    Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. looks like a number of things wrong with that plant. more info and better pics are needed . though..GFP

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. So, I started 12:12 on July 4th. Changed from miracle grow soul to coco coir and perlite this morning. Using 1/4th normal nutes of hydroponics gro, bloom, micro to clean the plants system. Top ofnplant looks great but bottom half is dying.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Grasscity Forum

4. looks like I'm seeing a comeback to that plant! keep on doing what your doing!!GFP

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bro I need help. Can't figure out how to cure it.

So I changed from the miracle grow to coco and perlite for flowering 12:12 rule. Flushed the plant with 1/4 the nutes for a week. It was looking pretty healthy again so I started giving it hydroponics flora gro, micro, bloom as it's stated on the bottles for flowering but it turned to shit while I was at work. Need professional help!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Grasscity Forum

6. for general hydros line of nutes use exactly 50 % of what's on the bottle. using 100% will nuke cannabis BACK to 1/4 strength until it corrects again then bump it up slowly...your just giving it too hot of solution .back off doing that.GFP

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Just got home and noticed the top looks great (in my opinion, but I know very little.) the underneath leaves are the ones dying.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Grasscity Forum

8. I wouldn't worry too much about the bottom growth at this point. Or at any point really. As long as new growth is healthy then your on the right track

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1

9. Yea that's what I told my girl, to look on the bright side but I have that questioning whether it'll spread up there or what.. I'm going to flush it with 1/4th nutes just in case then gradually add more nutes. Here's some closer detailed photos that worry me. Also, what is the reason for the ends to curl? Could you just tell me everything going on in those photos and how to fix so I can learn!? Sorry, I'm new to this lmao

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Grasscity Forum

10. So I found a pretty helpful photo with diagnosing the issue.. looks like I have that disease but it is curable so I'm hoping flushing the nutes and starting back up slowly will be the solution.

[​IMG]

Grasscity Forum

11. What's are you using for lighting, just the Cfls if so your going to need more light soon!

12. What would you recommend I do? I currently have 3 CFL's on it. I bought 3 of these lights today online, pretty much for the next grow to see what happens. But would these work? [​IMG]

Grasscity Forum

13. I didn't read all the comments, but straight stems with dropping leaves is classic overwatering.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Do you mind looking at my plant photos in this post, a guy that swears he knows (but doesn't grow himself) he keeps saying it's a male plant?

Grasscity Forum

15. I can't see balls or pistols at this point the plants probably not mature enough. After that flush let the soil dry out real nice and be easy on the nutes.

• Like Like x 3
  16. I don't see balls but like mentioned it's classic overwatering you might as well take all of them bottom leaves off, they're not going to produce anything and it will give you more energy to the rest of the plant. They do look much more healthier as long as the new growth is fine you should be good. In the future if you're going to flush your plant don't use nutrients you straight tap water because you're trying to flush the nutrients out in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

17. Is it mature enough to decide a gender? Haha I know I need to be patient. But I'm not trying to patient if he going to havw balls to the walls.

[​IMG]

Grasscity Forum

18. any second pistils will show..faith and patience

GFP

• Like Like x 2
  19. The info posted here about flushing with plain water is DEAD WRONG .when you need to flush do it with 1/4 strength (weak) nutes....using plain water fucts the cation ratio up in cannabis. when you go to plain water you risk throwing some elements into the zero range when they could have been already low..if you use 25% strength nutes...you lower all the elements BUT they stop at 25% essentially correcting what may have been off. when doing a final flush SAME PRINCIPAL .1/4 strength for a week ..then 1/10 Strength....for a couple of days ..then you can cut down...if done correctly you would have forced the plant to use all the elements in the 1/10 Strength...leaving only plain water...PLAIN WATER has been proven to actually leave behind ferts more than 1/4 strength nutes...CUZ they mess up the cation ratio...Google all that if you need please.

GFP

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Look, guys. I may be wrong but he is in coco perlite. Doesn't growing in coco require daily watering, or every other? If that's the case, I don't think over watering is an issue here. Please correct me if I'm wrong. But I just don't want to see him get told he's over watering and stop watering and cause more damage.
    @HammerCam , the damage done to the lower leaves will not reverse. And sometimes look like it's getting worse on those leaves. But, as long as your new growth is fine, you are on the right track. I'm not gonna get into the lighting issue because there are just as many opinions on lighting as there are on politics. I have seen decent grows with cfls and those cheap screw in led bulbs. Use, them in conjunction with the cfls. More light is better. That being said however, you most likely would have a larger harvest with a better quality led or hid lamp