Curing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MrAnonymous420, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Okay so i have read many different things when it comes to curing. I went ahead and jarred then when the buds were dry to the touch, but the stems were halfway between bendy and snappy. Now I'm concerned after 4 days of already curing there maybe still be a little too much moisture. So how do I know for sure. And what do I do?[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2. By the way, I hung the main stem for 6 days and put the other buds on an air rack. I didnt take the small buds any earlier, on the rack and hanging was 6 days

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stick a hygrometre in the jar and see what the rh reads buddy, if its too high dump your buds on brown paper for a day.

I dont put my buds to jar until the stems snap, i dry at 55% rh and 20c, drying usally takes me 7-10days.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Usually you start putting them into the jars when the stems actually snap. Since they're already jarred, you can try laying them out to dry on the air rack a bit longer every time you burp them and maybe even burp more frequently.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have a 62 percent humidity pack in the jars, I need to get a meter hopefully Walmart has them. I been opening the jars and spreading them out in a shoe box for 30 mins a day on top of burping for a couple mins 3 times a day

6. So I think I may be good.. I think the buds are just a little moist because the humidity packs put moisture back into them.. the stems at the end that have been exposed still just bend but I took a bud and separated it easily from the stem halfway in and the stem inside the bud snapped

7. 'Snap' test
    Glad it worked out for you.

8. The inside stems snap, the outside stems dont. What does that mean

9. Well... well, I don't know!
    When I've dried my harvests they have dried rather quickly.
    I would check every day... twice a day... and, suddenly, a bud snaps off.
    They all snap off at the same time, for me, thus far.

10. OK newbie here. Dried mine for seven days alls good stems snapped etc......im jarring them now with Boveda 65% humipak...pine/skunk smell starting to come thru. I still smell a bit of green when I open lid. Have been burping and airing out. Buds are not sticking to each other ….. When does it get that strong skunk smell and how long of a cure? 2 months? 1month? 2 weeks? nay tips?

11. When people say stems snap. Does that mean bend the actual stems in half or snap the buds off the stem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. well bending and snapping are different If it bends theres still some moisture and if it snaps its dry. no confusion about these words. Ive been curing for 3 days.When does it get that dank s ( OG KUSH Blend)mell. Im growing Trap Star