Curing

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by HellraiZerr, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Hi everyone. I always grow great buts that smell really great but after curing its like my bud lost its strong smell and i have a feeling the taste is weaker than it should,ve been. Any tips ?

currently growing pineapple kush, sour diesel and herijuana

2. like growing manage your soil and the plants looks to itself

same here manage your trics

buy in a 30x loup'e see for your self

good luck

3. I'm not sure I understand, are you asking what can you do with your current growing plants to improve their taste after harvest or how to improve the taste of harvested bud. I have trouble being objective about my weed. It's like food, I can enjoy other people's cooking but I think I may be too critical of my own.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Can you explain how you cure? I just did my first run and the cure brought out alot of goodness for me. This is what I was told to do if you don't want to buy humidity packs and really if you don't have a hydrometer but I recomend you get some they are cheap. Dry till branches snap clean and don't bend, trim, place in Mason jars and for the first few days check every couple hours and open for 20 min. As the days go on you burp less at least 2 times a day for 20 min. First week. I was able to tell a major difference after 3-4 days.

• Like Like x 1
  5. After being surrounded by the same smells and tastes after a period of time the can be come lesser or become more taste/nose blind to it you know? You should get the opinion of someone looking in from the outside and see what they think maybe someone whos never tried it before they would be the best judges

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yhea i had some friends try it as wel and they say the same i dry my buds in a cardbboard box for about 10 days until de stems snap without breaking then i dry trim the buds and put them in mason jars i first burp once to twice a day for about a week and then start burping less and less. Maybe its because i dry in a catdboard box ?

7. Is it directly touching the cardboard? If so the cardboard would be sucking moisture out of them evem quicker they could be drying too quickly and for too long i generally jar buds while stems are still a bit bendy and do not snap yet then open jars a few times a day few weeks a nice slow cure for some nice smooth smoke

• Like Like x 2
  8. I always make sure my buds are not touching any walls in the cardboard box

9. #9 Cactus Ed, Apr 11, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    Get a small hygrometer you can put in your jar, if the humidity is less than 62% don't burp, especially if you are in an arid environment. Without a meter you must go by feel and that'll work but it won't be ideal. Every percentage moisture you lose under the ideal amount means you're losing more terps. I got some of these and imbedded them in the jar lids where I can see the humidity without opening the jar. Here's some already finished HyLids - Curing Jar Hygrometer Lids make great Stash Jars or an awesome Herb Humidor . Now available with Digital or Analog. I got the idea from another hobby.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Thanks i have spme hygrometers for reptiles guess those will just fine i think. And i still got a good month before harvest

• Like Like x 1
  11. Newbie here...… Im having the same issue with my harvest. Dry went perfect. Before harvest and drying , buds super danky smell strong pine diesel. Once they went into the curing jars that piney diesel smell somewhat faint! Does it come back the longer its cured?

12. Yes after 2-3 weeks in jars itll come back

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1