Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

curing weed

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by pretzels4lp, Dec 21, 2006.

1. what exactly happens in the curing process of weed.

from plant to pipe, step by step, what hapens.

2. i always wondered this also, and how much does it help the weed in terms of taste and smell....and does it affect the potency?

3. theres probably like 20 ways of doing it but, in the end it totally makes the weed 10 times better, it goes from shitty tasting to great tasting and a primo smell. and it does activate allot more of the phycoactive ingredients (the fuck-you-up shit) so yea, glass jars for 6 or so weeks with a bit of fresh air every day will cure you're buds

4. i thought i read that you should hang dry the budz for 3 days before jarring to get some moisture out and avoid mold,is this correct? as i will be drying and curing very soon and have never cured my outdoor budz and this is my first indoor so any help is appreciated

5. thats funny. thats the same reason i posted this thread.

so basicially curing is drying and letting the buds do their natural thing (conversion of cannaboids or w/e)

6. you hang the buds if you just harvested them...
    if you pick up a bag it is most likely already been somewhat dried if not all the way dried and sometimes over dried...

if it is still to wet when you get it...
    put it in a paper bag for a couple days to allow the buds the "sweat"..
    then proceed to placing them in a jar and allowing fresh air to get in the jar for like 10 minutes a day

if the buds are too dry...
    you can throw in about a quarter/half-dollar sized peice of orange/lemon/lime peel in the jar with the buds.
    You should take the peel out prob like the 2nd day..

if the buds a dried correctly..
    just do the jar thing or you can still through some peel in their and it provides a better taste and smell :)

the curing process allows for the starches and sugars to convert( i dont know exactly what to)
    but this process allows for a smoother hit because those two produce a harsh smoke

curing also makes the trich's more noticeable (and i even think it activates more cause i always get higher from my cured bud)
    and it produces a smoother hit
    as for the activating more of the other psycoactive ingredients... i have absolutely no idea...

7. It has to do with the chlorophyll breaking down.

8. activated many of the phycoactives and makes them more potent and powerful, smoother taste and flavor

9. thats what i was gonna say evilbuttgroove