Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

curing weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by shit strain, Apr 17, 2013.

1. i just got an eighth, the nugs are nice, dense and smell pretty, but its pretty wet still and not as crystaly as id like... would this be solved by curing it more? and if i did cure it, would that make a difference in the quality?

if i should dry it alittle, how should i do it? just let it sit in the bag for a few nights, leave it in the open???

thanks blades:wave:

2. Put the nugs in a mason jar.
    Close the jar.
    Open the jar and let them breathe for a few minutes every few days.

If its under cured it could take a week or two...
    Maybe more.

You're gonna lose some weight...
    But it'll smoke and taste better.

3. will it be more potent? and my jar broke so all i have is the sandwich bag i got it in.

if its not going to affect potency then i dont mind just smoking it wet

4. Cured buds smoke better and are more potent.
    But the sandwich bag isn't going to help you, so you might as well smoke it now.

5. Even just drying it more will make it more potent..wet weed smokes like shit..if its soggy feeling it can mold also so might wanna leave it out for a few hrs

6. You could try sweating it, used to do it all the time , really improves flavor too. When you sweat pot there's a chemical reaction that occurs naturally in pot, what I used to do is put in baggies, roll tight in bag, put some tape around to hold tight, poke a few holes in bag all the way around, I would then take a metal tool box, but the bag in, put a light bulb in there, use tin foil if needed, turn light on inside box and leave for a couple days, inside the box gets really warm and with the pot being rolled tight in the bag it will sweat, do this as long as it takes, probably a couple days and enjoy.

7. Do you have any trouble with mold or mildew?