curing the nugs right

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cuscus, Aug 27, 2010.

1. hello gc

i have one question, it has to do with the harvest.

my question to yall is, how do i get that moist sticky smelly nug type weed?

i know it has to do with drying, but every harvest my nugs come out crunchy ass hell and dont really smell like weed at all. ive herd its over fertalizing, but this time didnt give anything but hosewater and 1/4 of the nuets for flowering

it makes me wonder where my weed comes from when i purches of the street. anyways i think ima pull my grapes down ina bout maybe 5 days and i was wondering what yall had to say.

thanks

2. Drying usually takes a week or two. Dry until the stems snap and then it is curing time. Curing takes like a month and you have to put nugs loosely in mason jars so they are air tight. Put them in the dark and somewhere cool and open them everyday for about 2 weeks. Then every other day for a week then once a week for a couple weeks. Curing takes a bit but is worth it in the end :smoking:

3. It has a lot more to do with how you grow than with how you dry and cure. Yes, you can over-dry dank buds and make them crunchy, but you can't take dry fluffy buds and turn them sticky and dense through drying and curing.

Ideal conditions, lots of the right light, and good genetics will get you sticky compact buds.