curing question

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by oreocookie, May 5, 2021.

1. i’m a first time grower. will be growing outside and curing in my barn. i’ve done quite a bit of extensive research but i can’t seem to get the answer i’m looking for. my question is, what container should i cure inane how big/how many should i get? i’m not going crazy growing for my first time, i am growing 12 plants (black sugar rose) the information i found is that i should yield about a pound per plant (assuming i do everything correctly). my plan was to get some 1 gallon glass jars with flip top lids. or i found some stainless steel pots with sealable lids. i just don’t know how many i should get.....thanks for any info.

2. any air tight seal your choice on size whatever you think will be convenient most of us use mason jars with humidity control packs

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. #3 PoiBoy79, May 5, 2021
    Last edited: May 5, 2021
    I grow outdoors each year harvesting about 12#s worth from 6 plants. The way I do it is hang dry branches, then when dry enough I buck buds off into turkey bags to begin the cure. Then I finish and store in 5 gallon food grade plastic buckets with gamma lids.
    The reasons for this are:
    1) Turkey bags are large - I can fit roughly a pound in each....compared to a gallon jar, it probs holds twice the amount.
    2) Dirt cheap compared to jars.
    3) Slightly breathable, making them more forgiving than jars if the buds are moister than they should be.
    4) Super easy to turn and burp buds...less handling, gentle on trichs.
    - Then when I feel they don't need burping anymore, I place the buds in the buckets with gamma lids, still in the bags if I wanna keep strains separate, or straight in the buckets. These are air and light tight; perfect for storage and long curing.
    do have some wide mouth mason jars for keeping small amounts of headstash at the ready - that's what they're for imo.

• Like Like x 1
  4. throw those in your container to make sure the humidity is right. if it exceeds 65% or so just dump the buds out for about an hour. i start out with these then once the humidity drops below 55 or 60% i add humidity packs

Attached Files: