curing question from noob grower

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by BoiseBud, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Thanks in advance for any help.  I am trying to cure a plant I recently took down.  I have to cure it in a shed outside. This shed has a large opening with no door so there is a lot of ventilation.  Although the humidity here usually is less than 20%, it's been wet.  Today is the third day in the shed. The plant still feels really wet, just the very tips of the small bud leaves are sticky, rather than wet. but nothing is drying out. 

The plan I thought I would try came from this board. Dry for 3 days hanging, move to paper bags for a few days, then to kerr jars.  The advise was to move the plant to the bags after 3 days, wet or dry.  Would it benefit the cure if I just let it hang for awhile longer? The forecast for the next few days is sunny and warmer.  (high 60s to mid 70s)  I'm in no hurry to get this cured but have to be discreet. I can't bring it into the house until it goes into the jars.

2. One normally cures after one has dried and trimmed the buds, got them hanging for 1-2 weeks at 25c/75f at Rh -50%, ...then cures in mason jars or paper bags for 1-2 months open and let the bag/jar air for an hour per day....why can't you do that ...and NOT risk all your hard earned labors?

3. I mis-spoke  I am drying the plants, which have been trimmed, by hanging them.  According to the schedule, they should be pulled down today, finish trimmed, and put in paper bags to start the cure.  They just seem too wet to start the cure. Should they get to a point that they are starting to dry before moving to the next step or would it be ok to move them to paper bags in this wet state?  I only plan on leaving them in the bags for a few days then going to the jars where I can allow a nice long slow cure.

4. In the old days we always cured our cannabis in paper bags or rolled newspaper, I still prefer the newspaper, but the real way is with the mason preserve jars, anyways you can never budget the weather ok so you are delayed, but I'd continue to dry them until dry to the touch, even if it means relocating them to a windy dry place, or even an attic, Pm (powdery mildew) has broken many a harvesters heart, it's here that many cops agree to cannabis being a gateway drug .....lol

5. The curing process is pretty simple. Try following these guidelines...

Your bud isnt dry, until you bend the stem and it snaps. Usually 7-10 days.

Once that happens...move em to glass jars, LOOSELY fill and airtight seal..
    Open lid more frequently in the early days to refresh air, as the buds sweat moisture.
    Use big buds. Smaller buds will pack In very densely, so youll have to move em around to refresh the air.
    After 1-2 weeks of this....open the lid once a day or every two days. After 4 weeks your buds should be sufficiently cured.

Dont leave the jar open for too long...you want your buds to retain SOME moisture.

I just read your RH is 20%?
    Thats really really low. Your buds will dry up really fast. You need maybe 50-70% rh for a good cure, i believe.