Curing overdried weed

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by motoxer, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Pretty sure I overdried my fresh grow. Now I don't think it's gonna cure rite. From some reason the dense nugs always get drier than the low branch fluffers don't really understand that concept. Any of you use thoes humidity packs? Are they worth it over an orange peel? I feel I need to get moisture back so It will cure at least a little bit. I have one of those small digital humidity readers on the way but it's not here yet.

Producing good weed is a damn art form. This is my 4th grow now and i still can't get it right.

2. Put them in jars now. The large stems and center of buds will transpire and get thing moist again. Yes to the Bovdeva packs.

Sent from my VK815 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'll second what he ^ said.

4. I have them in jars now and the humidity reader came today so I put it in one of the jars. For some reason I don't think there is much moisture left inside the bud....they only dried for 4 days tho.

Is it a big difference using artificial moisture from a bovia pack opposed to using the natural moisture in the bud?

5. Be careful putting too much moisture back. Watch for mould.

6. The packs maintain the 62% level that seems ideal for cannabis flowers. They absorb excess to a degree as well as maintain the 62.

4 days? Shit they have more moisture than u think. As the post above says do not overdo it. Patience or mold will destroy it all.

The guides on this site do a great job on describing How to.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Most people use glass jars, and rightfully so, but I actually like coffee cans that have been washed. There is a little bit more breathing and a lot less light. I think you will be fine if you bottle them, paper bag them, or coffee tin them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. when drying out your harvest you want to dry til it feels too dry. The outside of the flowers are gonna be dry and almost crispy, but do not worry the center of the buds and the stems still hold the moisture. What curing does is redistribute the moisture evenly through the buds. It's normal for your weed to seem to dry after hanging but before curing. 4 days shouldn't dry out the buds too much. I'm sure they will gain their texture back in a few days.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I like the boveda 62% humidity packs. Please don't use an orange peel. It invites mold. All the above advice you've been given is right on, please listen to them. Good for you getting a meter to accurately tell your level. It is enormously difficult (for some of us) to completely finish, dry and cure a crop. I have to laugh when we're asked to guess someone's yield when so much can go wrong until the very end. Good luck with that harvest, mate.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ya tell me about it, I lost about 20% of this harvest to mold, saved the rest tho.

Well I ordered the 62% packs. Do I need to burp the jars with these?

Right now my jars are at 57%, and the headie buds still feel dry to the touch after 2 full days in the jar, so I definitely need help from the bovida, hopefully they bring back some smell to.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Keep up the hard work and patience
    . 57 percent is not awful and it should rise slowly, that is what u want. The rapid rise can also encourage rapid mold growth.

Find a good cigar shop if u do not have a local head shop. Other than that get those packets asap.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Getting a good dry and cure is at least as hard as learning to grow the weed in the first place.. Extreme heat and humidity conditions can make it tougher yet..
    Local off shore wind conditions at harvest time called a Santa Ana wind can drop humidity to single numbers and send temps well over 100 deg F.. This caused repeated mowed lawn clipping stink harvests to the point of ripping out my hair I was getting so frustrated..
    I finally narrowed it down to a to fast initial dry and figured a way to slow that part down to last a week to 10 days to get my product down to the mid 60s humidity with out dropping past the 55% no cure point..
    Trimmed close wet seconds off the plant I hang just until the small popcorn starts to stiffen when squeezed.. Strip from the branches and bag at that point..
    [​IMG]
    Days out and nights in a trash can or ice chest depending on the amount.. Don't want one bag in an empty trashcan..
    [​IMG]
    Each day will need less time out as things gradually get dryer..
    [​IMG]
    1/2 gallon mason jars with one sixty gram size.. 62% humidity pack per jar.. A 60 day cure will give you a very fine smoke.. You can just make out the pack in the right side of the jar..
    Drying weed is like cooking a steak.. To dry like to done is just that.. No do overs.. It's burnt.. Try again next harvest..
    My 2 cents after 5 years and 4 harvests per year of working at a perfect cure..
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  13. I was thinking about using thoes half gallon size but for some reason everyone says to use the quart ones. Not sure why... The boveda packs will be here in a few days, do I need to burp the jars using these?

14. Mostly the Half gallon ones are a little harder to find.. Walmart has them now and then.. Our Local Ace Hardware stocks them best of all the stores.. About 12 bucks for a case of 6..
    You should have your cannabis dried to the mid 60s before placing in the jars and if so you won't need to burp the jars..

BNW