Curing In A Double Ziplock Bag?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Acid Man, Jul 25, 2014.

1.  so originally i was going to cure in a lunch box but im starting to think it wont be big enough to hold all my yield as my plant is swelling somethin fierce outside, I have only one hygrometer so it has to be all in one container,
    I have some spices from turkey that are stored in a double zip lock bag and damn.. its nearly impossible to squeeze any air out them bag with the zips closed, id say the plastic would rip before they'd leak.
    if my lunchbox (its a good lunchbox with a rubber seal and plastic latches, I looked for bigger ones locally today but couldnt find one even near as big as the one I have now) is too small do you guys see any reason why a double ziplock wouldnt work for a back up?

2. I've always cured in a heavy zip lock bag according to Mandala's advice. Mandala's website explains that a good cure job requires a small exchange of gas/air that is possible through a zip lock bag, but not possible in a glass jar. I must admit that six weeks of curing this way results in some amazing weed!

3. I'll stick to Mason jars.

4. Stick to mason jars or, if you have the money, look into the cvault.

The cvault is amazing. I use them, I have several in different sizes. Perfect for storing and curing weed. I use the Boveda 62% humidpaks with mine and they are great.

6. They make jumbo ones that hold quite a bit haha. The Boveda keeps everything so fresh.

7. #7 NGP, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2014

Here's the one I have nearby. All my cvaults have bud in them, my friends with donations appreciate well cured weed.

This is the Large size, comfortably holds about 1 1/2 oz. It also holds 2 Boveda's and I replace them about every 3 months, they are inexpensive. About a buck a piece online.

201407250722021.JPG 201407250722023.JPG

Don't mind the dirty B. Wilson bubbler, it's getting a cleaning tonight :D

8. #8 Acid Man, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2014
    thank you, just what I want to hear. I see the rest of the demographic dont like to stray from the norm, if I could afford a cvault or a mason jar big enough to hold my hygrometer or a smaller hygrometer that would fit in the mason jar I own I would, and frankly I can afford all them things I just dont want to waste money on different items that all do the exact same thing as ziplock bag: seal out air

Im not even looking for a good cure cos I know that even If I cure in my fucking pocket it will still be better than the trash we have around here, and being my first grow I dont expect to end up with some good produce at the end of it,, I have 2 more paki ryder seeds left and more sativa seeds on the way for next year, thats when Ill invest in my mason jars and mini hygrometers