Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

curing duration and burping

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by dev1, May 14, 2016.

1. Hi

The meds have been curing now for about 3 weeks and i have been burping the jars.

When can curing the meds in jars be so i can stop burping the jars. So they can just stay in jars with out being opened.

For example if i wasnt around for 4 months will my stuff get mould and be wasted.

When could i go away and let my meds stay in jars. Or do i need to now stay put and not go away.

Meds will be used for canna rso oil when i got enough. Also edibles and tea.

Please help.

Thanks

2. i am working on the same pound of blue dream from middle of last year. I jarred all of it in mason jars. Six monster jars and four smaller jars. It's easier to store properly and use as needed. Plus I jarred it by quality of nuggs.

When I got it all it was in a plastic garbage bag that was knotted. It was cured and ready to smoke like it always is when I get it from him. It's my understanding the guy uses 55 gallon food grade plastic drums with air tight lids. He puts the ganja in trash bags a pound at a time loosely knotted at the top and then throws them loose into the drum when he is curing large batches. He just pops the knot free, burps it quickly and ties it loosly again.

I just opened the third to the last monster mason jar for smoking. I can say with all honesty it gets better when aged properly, the longer it ages, if you know what I mean. I burp it every couple months or so now. It smells sooooooooooooo amazing. I mean the absolute kind. The buds have turned this darker brown with like this marooning color to them. But the smell, oh god the amazingly delicious wonderful smell of it all. It is still going strong too. The guy who grows it has ganja that is older then a year and it is amazing.

Some strains like a long slow cure at a certain temp. Other ganja not so much and it is as good as it's going to get. I think it has someone to do with not flushing properly at the end and left over nutes are fucking up the cure.

But aside from that, just keep curing it and burping every month or two. When done right, the buds will dry up a little, firm up a little and be just as sticky as they were six or eight months ago in that same jar. To be honest, I forgot to open the jars until I read this thread. It's been almost 4 months and the ganja looks great and smells amazing and yummy.

Probably gonna stop opening them anymore to be honest. I'm at the 8 month mark since I got this ganja. It is fucking bomb and it just keeps getting better and better.

Remember a few things when going for the long cure....
    Don't agitate or even touch the jars unless you need to. Don't handle or other wise fuck with them with out the most gentile touch. You end up with some of the best part of the ganja at the bottom of the jar mixed in with a bunch of shake, fuck that shit! Put a sock or booty over the jar. I get my jars from the dollar store and they got these foot booty / sock looking deals. They cover the jar to the lid perfectly. They provide shock resistance and they block light from Getting in the jar. Always sort and grade your ganja. I kept all of the killer colas and buds for myself and my broskis. Then I have a few differing grades by jar including those I'm going to blast into wax or something. High times has a pretty good write up on curing ganja and it hits all of the main points you need to watch out for. If I wasn't so baked I would look it up and link it for ya.

Good luck man!

3. I loved that read. Got some good pointers.

Cheers man

4. If you've been curing/burping it for that long, it should be more than good enough to store for an extended period of time. We usually hang ours for a couple of days in a drying box we made. When they get the right feel (as far as moisture in the heavy dense tops), they come down and go into jars. You know what a good solidly cured bud looks and feels like. As the time goes on and you continue to burp, you slowly release the moisture content the buds are holding still after drying. I burp mine a lot during the first 2 or 3 days, and back off after that. It usually takes about a week in the jars before I get them like I want them. Once I know they've hit the sweet spot, I tuck them into a dark cabinet we use for storage. It'll keep like that for ages. Don't stuff your jars too full when you load them becaues you need good air circulation around the buds. But if you don't get enough moisture out of them, they will mold. You should be good though.

5. I let mine hang for 4 days... I jarred them 2 days ago and been burping every 2 hours for 10 minutes at a time....is that to much... I'm thinking about doing it like this for 2 more days.... Then cut back to 1 hour every 3 days for 4 weeks