Curing,drying,fermenting science ppl needed

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by xXLexie06Xx, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Ok so i ran into this fermentation method and was wondering if anyone had an opinion on the science behind it. Would it be usable for weed curing and/or drying? [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G386W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. What does it do?

3. It's used to allow the co2(byproduct of fermenting) escape from the jar so pressure doesn't build while blocking air from outside from getting in.

I doubt enough pressure is created during curing to make this work for cannabis

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. What about the burping process? Since it takes the sweat,co2, water and extra out, do you think you could
    Lets just say an example throw fresh cut buds throw a humidipak and this thing on and you wouldn't have to touch your jar? Or atleast dried buds and no touch for curing ? Your thoughts?

First proper indoor grow, God's OG Kush First grow journal, first "proper" indoor

5. You would need to vaccume the air out for this to work id imagine so that when it gasses or sweats it would be pulled into the top chamber via pressure

6. You make a point, i think i might do an experiment with this and use a jar of fresh buds and one of dried and compare it i guess see if you really need much pressure, I mean it would totally be worth it if i could just throw fresh cut buds in with a humidipak and that thing would trap vapors and all and humidipak would prevent mold and just never have to dry, cure, burp the weed like we do now. It would cut down on work.

First proper indoor grow, God's OG Kush First grow journal, first "proper" indoor