Curing and other questions

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by senta420, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Well, I decided to grow this spring with a fellow blade on here. Him and I are really close in real life. I just have a few questions.

#1: will black water, jamician me crazy, and sweet tooth be okay to grow OUTDOORS during spring time in Pennsylvania? I seen black water would be okay. And I think sweet tooth as well. I'm not so sure about the jamican strain though. Anybody ever grow any of these outside and have advice/tips?

I read on the Internet that my sweet tooth plant can produce up 14-16 ounces outdoors, that don't sound right to me. Opinions? And estimate how much ill get per plant.

Last but not least, do you absolutely have to cute your plant? If I'm going to have 6 damn pounds of dank, im going to want to smoke some while its curing. I know people who didn't even cute their bud, they smoked it right after drying it. They said its okay. Would it be responsible to maybe sit out an once of each strain while they're curing so I have something to smoke on? I know the bud won't be as dank as it can be without curing but it has to do something, right?

Thanks guys. Please help me out, imma newbie :/

2. 14-16 oz would be off a large plant. All depends how long you veg your plant. I cant give many outdoor tips since I have no outdoor exp but if in pa go for mold resistant and something that will withstand the colder early spring and late fall nights. I also would start and veg it inside for as long as possible because the more mature it is when it goes outside the better chance it will have at surviving. If by cute you mean cure then no you don't absolutely need to cure for dank and its over rated imo. The best thing is a slow and even dry throughout the whole plant which is obtained at a constant rh around 55% and then trimming after its dry. You don't want to smoke it wet. The more you can prolong the dry the better it will be without curing. Curing is basically just slow drying the buds at a even rate.

3. Nothing beats a perfectly cured nugget! That being said I think we have all sampled our Shit before it's dried or cured properly.

4. Just because a plant can yield 12-16oz doesnt mean you'll get it. Even outdoors only plan for 1-4 oz off your first plant.

Yes you can smoke without a cure, but curing makes the smoke smoother, increases potency, and improves smell/taste.

5. Im on my first outdoor grow atm, and if it turns out to be female, I'll be REALLY happy with 2 ounces. I mean any amount will be awesome really lol. Defiantly don't expect too much when your starting out because it takes some experience to pull off monster grows like that.

6. Yes do not count your chickens before they hatch, so to speak. Outdoor plants of any strain can easily yield 1lb if properly grown in optimal conditions, I know people who get 5 to 10 lbs per plant outdoor also. If its your first grow there is a strong chance you will fuck something up and and get zero to one ounce per plant. For example I am an indoor grower and when I started I was averaging 50grams per plant of so-so bud. Through years or refining and perfecting my skills I just got an average of 12 ounces per plant with my biggest being 17.5 resulting in over two lbs per 1000w light, and that's on an indoor grow and it was all super dank. I can't give to much outdoor advice since my experience is limited but I will say that you yield will ultimately be a function of the light it gets, try and find a south facing hill with no cover for best results. Veg time shouldn't matter to much since it will keep vegging till the days are short enough to trigger flower. Also don't put much faith in the numbers seed companies say their plant will harvest, most of those are subject to so many variables that its mostly just for sales advertising.