Curing. Am I okay?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Dylan93, Sep 13, 2017.

1. So I grew my first plant ever it came out great with nice yields. I let it hang dry for 4-5 days and put it in multiple jars. Dried until it had crispy outside but not dry enough to crack, when put into jars. They're in a closet with a fan going inside just to keep humidity low. House stays around 74 degrees and humidity normally in 40's. I've burped the jars 4 days in a row now and the smell isn't completely gone yet but will it come back after it's been in jars for a while? Here are some pics of drying and in jars. Just one plant grown in DWC. I put a lot into this and i want the strong smell back! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. You'll see...

3. Yeah be patient with it :)

Also. Only fill the jars 80% full.

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Some buds smell only when cracked, you'll feel it when grinding ;)

5. But I need it presentable! They smell like sour skittles when squeezed it's quite wonderful. But I want the cops to smell it if it wrapped up in the trunk...

6. And why would you want the cops to smell it in your trunk lol.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lmao I'm joking but only because i won't ride anywhere with it. But I love stinky weed.

8. Yep.. also "burp" those jars several times a day.

9. did u make sure they were dry all the way first did the stems snap when u bent them? because if u cure while the bud is too wet it will not have a pleasant outcome

10. Ive only ever met 1 person who didn't like the smell of weed, I love everything about weed she has been my mistress for 25 years now. Shes put me through a lot of shit but still managed to see me through all of it.

11. An
    What type of smell?

12. A better trim job would probably make the smell less like hay. That is a lot of leaf material.

Buy a $1 hygrometer so you can stick it in one of the jars and see what the relative humidity is. From there, you will be able to more accurately tell which direction to go. Also 62% bovida packs are essential...

13. Your right, sugar on the leaf I kept on buds.

14. Lots online. You may have to pay $2 lol, sorry I didn't know you are homeless.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Haha, cheapest I saw on Amazon was $7 so I was trying to figure out what happened to my search skills

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

16. Hay smell comes from bad air circulation when plants / stems are hanged upside down, use a fan next time, but don't point it directly to the buds or they'll dry too fast.

17. Yeah I think I will trim them a little better