Cure to insomnia?

Discussion in 'General' started by czarchasm, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Often times, I cannot fall asleep for 1 or 2 hours, and sometimes up to 3 hours. While I don't really consider this as insomnia, I know some people really cannot sleep for days on end. I have heard of sleep pills not working at all, or getting addicted to them. I occasionally use Melatonin, which is a naturally occurring hormone that works to induce sleep. It comes as a little pill from trader joes. And, occasionally, I smoke before sleep if I feel as though I am not going to sleep. Naturally, I combined the two.

It seems as though this might be a good remedy for insomniacs, or possibly a really shitty night if you don't fall asleep. I have done this at most a grand total of 5 times over 2 months, and have always had a similar experience. I smoke a small bowl, and then chew up one melatonin pill. Then, I lay down to bed immediately.

I've had some really amazing closed eye visuals from doing so, and amazing auditory visuals (?). I've heard fairies flying around in my head singing in fairy voices and seen crazy kaleidoscopic stuff. Trying to accurately describe it would take way too much work, so....

Anyways, while focusing intently on these visuals, they suddenly cease completely. It is very much the same experience as being put under for surgery. Bam, and then it's morning. I wake up relatively refreshed and feeling fine.

So, it seems as though this may work as a perfect solution for the unfortunate few who have serious sleeping issues. I doubt it can be too great to use frequently, but it works amazingly. You go from awake and traversing the depths of your imagination to sleep almost instantly. I would be wary of it though, because if you somehow don't sleep, you should be pretty incapacitated. Unless melatonin doesn't affect you, and then I guess you will just be high.

Has anyone else tried this?
    If you do it, please write in with your verdict.

2. bowl + marijuana + ejaculation.... used to work for me :)

hope that helps

after reading in it's entirety, i may try that... i have major sleeping problems

3. I've used melatonin to help with jet lag when traveling to asia, but I never considered using it to help me sleep at home. I don't have full blown insomnia either, but it always takes me at least 1-3 hours to fall asleep every night.

4. Damn, that sucks. For me, my sleep cycles are totally random. I'll sleep fine for 2 weeks, and then without any change in my schedule, I wont be able to sleep. So I do it on days like that. Frequent use of melatonin is relatively harmless (I believe), so I would use that were I you. But using both knocks you out really suddenly. For the type of person that cannot go to sleep for days on end, it seems as though this might actually work.

5. I use melatonin nightly.. shits amazing, and the vivid dreams make it even better

6. Ever combine the two?

7. nah haven't combined them. think its a waste of weed.

8. Real insomnia is the worst... I dont have it often, but I go through week or so bouts of it. Not sleeping until 6 or 7 am, then up in an hour unable to sleep more.

It makes for an awful few days... I'd love to see some remedies that arent prescription stuff, since I hate taking pills.

9. I have what I consider minor insomnia... Everytime I go to bed I can't fall asleep for at least an hour.... Sometimes I can't sleep all night long... Recently it's taken me about 3 hours or so to sleep...

Shit sucks...

10. #10 LegitBaller, Oct 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2008
    thats the reason i stopped using it lol...those fuckin dreams freaked me out. i remember i was watchin the sopranos series at the time and for like 5 nights straight Tony and the Soprano crew were trying to wack me cause i ripped off christopher moltisanti in a drug deal, haha...shit got scary, i stopped fuckin with melatonin the 6th night after i woke up when the whole lupertazzi crime family found me and was going to finally take care of me.
    needless to say, if i wanna pass out now, ill take a shot or 2 of vodka, a bong hit and a valium.