Cultivating seeds light requirements?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by Kf420, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Hey I just finally got rid of russet mites. The bastards were super mites on steroids. With that I will never bring a clone into my grow room again. I decided I want to start cultivating seeds. Does anyone have information on the lighting requirements? I’m hoping that they are a bit lower than growing flower.

Thanks for your help

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yeah they don’t need much, I use 2 2ft 26w t5’s to start my seeds.

3. Thanks for your response. I’m actually talking about purposely seeding out plants so I can get the seeds. I want to start storing as my own seed production so I don’t have to rely on seed banks. Sorry if I was unclear with my original post.

4. If you want to create seeds on a plant that you have in your grow room, I would say the amount of light you usually provide for your plants would be enough. Like, the amount of light that you usually give them during veg/flower. But you might need to have a separate grow tent for the plant that you use to get the pollen from.

5. I thought I read something by DJ Shorts or his son that states having red or far red is good for the longevity of the seed. I wish I could remember more about this, sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I got a 65W HLG for a decent price. She starts my seeds off fine. Just needs to be a little close but the light isn’t strong enough to burn your plants at a short distance, so it’s good for seedlings.

7. Thanks for that I’ll check it out for sure