Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cuban Cigars...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Captain Cronic, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Just curious as to how many people think "real" Cuban cigars are made of Cannabis.

About once a month, I end up in a discussion with some pot head who thinks a Cuban Cigar is Weed wrapped in a tobacco leaf.

For the record, that's a) Stupid, and b)wrong. Cuban Cigars are cigars comprised of tobacco grown in Cuba. Cuba has exceptional climate and soil conditions for tobacco, meaning that it is, in theory, the best material for cigars.

Does anyone know where that myth comes from? It gets rather tiresome arguing with someone who listens to what someone says, then refuses to listen to common sense when reality smacks them in the face.

2. Cohiba! there are no traces of cannabis in cuban cigars.... im cuban:D

3. Yeah, I actually had a Cohiba(It was a Dominican, damn international politics preventing me from getting one Hecho en Cuba) a couple weeks back.

I smoke cigars, and as a result get a lot of "Cubans?" Like I said in the OP, about once a month some kid wants to tell me they have weed in them, that's why they're better.

4. Yeah i have no idea where someone would get that idea that there is any weed in cuban cigars. lol don't let those kids get to you, you should buy a cheap cigar say its cuban and agree that there is weed in them, ask if they want to get "high" off the cigar and tell them to inhale and then kick back and enjoy watching them squirm from nausea and being sick :p

Come down to miami! PLenty of Cohibas to go around!! haha

How did you get your Dominican one?

Funny story about people inhaling cigars (although i have met some old fuckers that actually do inhale when smoking cigars but i guess that comes with lots of experience).....
    one night my friend (whose dad has legit cohibas left and right and both love cigars, have a humidor, and are very knowledgable in the cuban cigar category) brought a cuban cigar to some party lit it up and passed it around to anyone who wanted to smoke. Ok so it comes to some other friend who starts smoking it or whatever about ten minutes later the subject comes up as to whether or not to inhale it, immediately we say no one should inhale when smoking a cigar and out of nowhere the OTHER friend tells us he has been inhaling :eek: we just start laughing at him or whatever then he proceeds to tell us that he feels weird/fucked up and sick for the rest of the night.. needless to say he learned the hard way.

damn that was a long post, hope you get a real cohiba someday!! :hello:
    i've only smoked a couple of cigars but the real cohibas are definately the best in just about every way ( burn, pull, aand definitely taste!)

5. Anyone else not sure which one to click on the poll?

Yes I've always though Cubans are made with only tobacco.

6. My friends think they're made with bud beacuse they're illegal. Unfortunately, my friends have no knowledge of history.

7. they're illegal because we still have useless embargoes placed upon the country dating back to the 1950's. they aren't made with cannabis...those are just stupid rumors. it wouldn't be a cigar otherwise.

8. My dad has a bunch (smuggled them in when coming back from a hunting trip in mexico) and he swears up and down they're mostly pot. They're not. I smoked one with him on my 18th b-day. Did I get "high"? Yes, I did get a SUPER head rush feeling, but I get that feeling when I smoke a hooka too. Now, did I get HIGH, as in "holy shit look at my hands... mmm doritos" high? Fuck no.

They're not pot. Tobacco gives you a buzz - especially when you smoke a lot or smoke very high quality stuff.