CT court legalizes same-sex marriages!!

Discussion in 'General' started by amsterdamage, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Congratulations Connecticut!!! :hello:

While this ruling won't affect me personally, I am overjoyed that another state has ruled that discrimination of any sort is unlawful.

Now we need the same logic applied to people who prefer to consume marijuana over alcohol!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27117467/

2. im not gay either but thats awsome news:hello:

3. Im from Ct. I guess this is good but how does it affect marijuana?

4. I love the gays!
    They do so much for our society; population control, aesthetically pleasing facades for us all, they add color to our environment, they make fun companions for us straight gals. . .what with making us feel better about ourselves naked.
    To all my dyke friends, thanks for kicking the asses of the bullies who threatened me in the schoolyard when i was younger; way to humiliate those bad boys! You gals were the inspiration for me to learn how to fight and defend myself against their tyranny.
    Half my damned family is gay. You ever see a Krshna in a toupe? That's my gay uncle, for sure! Woo-hooo! Go gays!
    I love the gays!
    Too much fun.

5. I am very glad to see this..not only because I live in CT when not at school, but because another state has finally come to it's senses on at least one matter...congrats CT

6. THANK FUCKING GOD.

finnally some good news for CT, it pretty much sucks here but looks like we are slowly progressing

im not gay, but a lot of my friends are :)

7. Hey Waffle, your sister can finally get married!

I'm still surprised that Maine and New Hampshire still have yet to legalize gay marriage... Give it 3-5 years I think.

8. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::hello:

9. If people can accept gay marriages on the basis of non-discrimination (even though most of them aren't gay) then they can accept legalized marijuana for the same reason.

We need non-smokers to support marijuana legalization in order to successfully persuade our legislators to change the way they vote. So if people can start to put people before idealism, and really care about fighting discrimination, then we will gain valuable support from people who have no interest in actually wanting to smoke.

10. woohoo! this is a step for england too, as our PM has a wank over anything america does so it's one step closer to legalising in england too :)

it's so great for me because now i can think about getting married etc. it's fun to think of possibilities for your life! XD

• Like Like x 1
  11. Great news:hello:

12. Well that's great for CT! I have lesbian friends who are married and I've had dinner at their house. I see absolutely no reason why their love/life together should be any less valuable than that between a hetero couple. How many states is it now? I know Cali was recently because the Stern show made a whole deal about it when George Takei got married.

The USA's goin' gay! ;)

13. Take that DC!

14. you ever see lesbians hitting bongs?