Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Crystals

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by holgini88, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Ok well I don't really consider myself a noob but I have a couple questions that may make me seem to be haha. First off, this may seem like a lame question but I've honestly never really known. Does it matter if you break up your bud and get the crystals all over your fingers? I mean, does it affect the potency? I've never really paid attention, and I'm sure there's no extreme difference, but I'm usually pretty careful when I break up my buds to keep a lot of the crystals.

And also, does anyone know how bad swallowing smoke is for you? I imagine it could cause ulcers or something of the sort but I'm not sure how accurate that is. That's not my main question I was just curious if anyone knew. Thanks.

2. Obviously, losing crystals means you're losing potency, but it probably won't make a dramatic difference. If you have dank and break it up with your fingers and get crystals all over them, you'll still get stoned unless you were literally scraping off all the crystals. However, it is much more efficient to use a grinder with a kief screen. Imagine if you collected all of the kief from your fingers every time you broke down bud with your hands and loaded it onto a bowl. Having a grinder makes that possible

If you're smoking something that burns hot (joint or blunt) I could see the heat not treating your esophagus well. However, I really haven't seen anything with definitive info

3. As "Sketchy Noob" said you are losing some potency, but not too much. And just going to re-inforce what he said, grinders are a life saver, especially with the kief screen.

And to your health question, there are people who have smoked weed all their life and never gotten a lung disease. It's not harmful in the least.

4. the crystals is THC my friend so you want to keep as much as you can. i suggest buying a grinder that has a THC catch

5. I can almost guarantee it will make such a small difference that it would be impossible to detect. That being said, that little bit that gets stuck on your fingers will add up over time if instead of getting stuck on your fingers it gets "stuck" in the kief section of a grinder.

And as far as weed smoke in the stomach goes, I can't answer that without it being an utter and complete guess, but something with tobacco in it (such as blunts, spliffs, etc) will definitely be bad for you and has the ability to cause ulcers, but unless you are making a point of swallowing smoke every time you blaze, I would be quite surprised if it actually caused any real damage.