Crypto currency

Discussion in 'General' started by Kevin Gibbs, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Right? Wasn't it less than a year ago where someone had a bit coin fund, then transfered everything into their digital wallet then disappeared?

I like cash. Its tangeable and it spends without too much fluctuation. Shoot, here in America, we can't even inflate our currency to proper levels. A weak dollar would do so much to spur growth in our economy right now, but it won't happen because everyone wants to purchase our treasuries to hold as their reserve currency.

2. #42 MayorMcStoned, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2014
    You're the one who claimed math was "given" to us by the "gods" dude.

I'm just curious, if money doesn't exist and all, how do you live, eat, whatever, every single day? You do know why currency was invented, right?

Iceland is not trying to get rid of money, neither is Germany. And just because they actually hold their bankers accountable for evil actions does not mean they don't believe money exists. It exists just as much as you and I do dude.

the bankers in iceland were fired and jailed for creating this so called 'money' out of thin air.

and you left out my bit about south africa too? do you only argue against points you think you can argue against instead of statements as a whole?

south africa is being led by a great man to eliminate money and banking all together by bringing bankers and corrupt systems to court, even though the odds are stacked against the people seeing how bankers can afford 100 lawyers and to buy out the judge... and they keep dropping the cases so that nothing gets 'officially' filed, continuously putting the record that money doesn't exist on the back burner and delaying the inevitable..

money literally doesn't exist. it's just a concept. numbers on a computer screen..

so until the world comes together as one unified entity, money will continue to 'exist' in your minds.

4. Saying bitcoin got hacked is like saying because GC's database is compromised that all of IPB got hacked.
    The beauty in crypto-currency is that the harder you stomp on them, the more resilient they become.

The economy is dead in its tracks with a federal rate of 0%. Where are the assets with 2% returns? Even if they do reach those levels, the banks would still be insolvent while becoming 30% more bloated. Debt is 40% the size it was in 2008. Which countries around the world aren't finding ways to dump the dollar as the reserve currency? I don't think the IMF passes anything without the nod of China at this point. 

Interesting how discussion of bitcoin always returns to the dialogue of what money is. More often than not you quickly realize that neither of you really know much about what money actually is, and can conjecture on its nature from the basis of a cultural mechanism.
    I encourage anyone to try and explain money to a five year old.
    If you've run out of answers as to what money is, they will ask you questions you take for granted.

5. [quote name="QualiD" post="20961418" timestamp="1416602977"]the bankers in iceland were fired and jailed for creating this so called 'money' out of thin air.

and you left out my bit about south africa too? do you only argue against points you think you can argue against instead of statements as a whole?

south africa is being led by a great man to eliminate money and banking all together by bringing bankers and corrupt systems to court, even though the odds are stacked against the people seeing how bankers can afford 100 lawyers and to buy out the judge... and they keep dropping the cases so that nothing gets 'officially' filed, continuously putting the record that money doesn't exist on the back burner and delaying the inevitable..

money literally doesn't exist. it's just a concept. numbers on a computer screen..

so until the world comes together as one unified entity, money will continue to 'exist' in your minds.[/quotea

Iceland handled that situation with the bankers perfectly btw. The reason I didn't mention south africa because it is not pertinent to the conversation. Some dude is making frivolous lawsuits claiming that money doesn't exist? OK... So hypothetically, how would south Africa engage in international trade without a currency? What would that do to them economically?

You claim that money doesn't exist, so how do you exist every day? You don't even have an argument for your point, all you have is cyclical reasoning that actually never comes to a point.

Without money, you couldn't exist dude.

6. Money is super easy to explain!

When someone has something you want, the most effective way (and safest) is to offer them something you have they might want in exchange for their good. However, they might not always be willing to take your offered good or trade you theirs. This is where a standard form of exchange besomes necessary. Something that people can agree has value (such as the backing of a stable government) allows people to trade and share more freely than carrying around hundreds of pounds of goods would allow.

Bitcoin has no formal safety net to it guys. If you're talking about money just being blips on a computer screen, bitcoin is the epitome of that.

7. Digital fiat has yet to solve vulnerabilities to patch double spending and all the double entry audit frauds that come with private ledgers.

When will the infeasibility of brute force attacks on 256-bit keys be rendered obsolete?

8. #48 QualiD, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014

Ahhh, you need evidence? Here:

http://www.michaeltellinger.com/ubuntu-cont.php
    http://www.ubuntuparty.org.za/p/home.html

Read the manifesto... expand your mind. It's sad that some people really believe money is real, or that we even need it at all....

9. Money is definitely real

10. I don't think anything is gonna change this dudes mind...

11. money is what we all agree upon to exchange goods so we do not have to walk around with 30lbs of gold or a chicken or two under our arms to do business. well that's how it started anyway.

today we have the wealthy who have garnered everyone's "money" by using a debt based society scheme and fooling people into thinking, they ever had a chance to climb out. there will be no climbing out of the masters hands, at least not willingly.

the wealthy control the money supply making themselves privy to the interest paid on something that has no actual value and we all "go along" with it like mindless morons, useless consumers of debt, which gives our world absolutely nothing but the elite and the rest of us. at least gold cannot be printed, cannot say the same for helicopter benny and the gang, now run by yellen the fellon.

i'm not sure when exactly we will collectively wake up and realize they just want us fighting each other instead of them, so as they can remain the top of the heap and laugh while watching everyone else fight among themselves.

crypto currencies are an attempt to level some ground, take back a little from wall street and i admire that, although if everyone's not equal and only certain individuals can prosper, it will go the same way as fiats.

• Like Like x 2
  12. As you might now, we are accepting Bitcoin, we are looking into new implementations to accept Dash, Monero and Ether

• Like Like x 1
  13. How is a dollar any different than a bitcoin? Let's be honest here. Both are fabricated and both only have the value we personally gave them in the first place. We used to base our money off real Gold, but now it's pure imaginary. For example, a 20 dollar bill is only worth 20 dollars because we say it is, not because of any other reason.

So how is bitcoin any different?

• Like Like x 1
  14. the value of gold is as easily manipulated as "fiat money". the value of gold is set in a similar way and scarcity can be manipulated to fuck with the value.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Recently, there has been a huge jump up the cryptvalues of Ripple (Ripple). And for the entire 2019 is expected to increase in the price of this cryptvalue. Perhaps, due to the fact that its developer received tremendous support from well-known investors in the amount of $ 9,000,000. Therefore, the outlook is favorable for the time being.
    [​IMG]

16. Love it when history tells us how we were wrong..... :)

SJ

17. Do not finish the deal until you get at least 1 transaction confirmation, otherwise, you may be tricked, in this video, I will clearly show how scammer does it.