Crying from music?

Discussion in 'General' started by Five To One, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Last night i was on DXM, and smoked a couple bowls. I was listening to Us and them, by Pink Floyd. I was really really really into the music, and as I was listening as soon as the saxophone came in i just started crying, and got chills all over my body. It sounded so fucking amazing. Anyone else have an experience like this, if so what song?

2. Pink floyd has definately brought some emotion out of me. (Animals, Dark side of the Moon, and The Wall) all brought me close to crying.

So has "Trilogy Suite Op:5" by Yngwie Malmsteen.

the only song i think i've ever cried to was "Eleanor Rigby" by the Beatles though.

3. Pantera - Hollow

When i listened to that after my hero Dimebag got shot and killed, i felt a few tears run down my cheak.

"What's left inside him?
    Don't he remember us?
    Can't he believe me?
    We seemed like brothers
    Talked for hours last month
    About what we wanna be
    I sit now with his hand in mine
    But I know he can't feel...

No one knows
    What's done is done
    It's as if he were dead

I'm close with his mother
    And she cries endlessly
    Lord how we miss him
    At least what's remembered
    It's so important to make best friends in life
    But it's hard when my friend sits with blank expression

No one knows
    What's done is done
    It's as if he were dead

He as hollow as I alone now x4

He as hollow as I alone
    A shell of my friend
    Just flesh and bone
    There's no soul
    He sees no love
    I shake my fists at skies above
    Mad at God...Mad...

He as hollow as I converse
    I wish he'd waken from this curse
    Hear my words before it's through
    I want to come in after you
    My best friend x2
    Come back!

He as hollow as I alone...
    He as Hollow as I alone now..."

4. I laugh at frank zappa's music. Does that count?

5. Sure.....

6. sy-borg on "Joes Garage" was very emotional for me actually..

7. He's a funny guy. I enjoy his childish poop humor and his amazing guitar solos

8. Actually I remember the first time i heard "Peaches en regalia" I cried over the beauty of it all.

9. Most of my favorite songs are the ones that give me chills.

10. music=stimuli

yay for stimulations.:rolleyes:

agreed, hempress.

11. Both from the Shawshank Redemption: The music thats playing as the bus enters the prison, the chopper flies over the roof and then when Andy gets the records and puts on the two women singing and plays it for the prison. There is a harmony in that that just makes my eyes water and the hair on my neck rise!!

12. "Leaving Hope" by Nine Inch Nails.

Sad song.

And it doesn't even have any lyrics...

13. OHHH!!!! I finally see you post :devious: lol.

There are tons of songs that get the emotions flowing, especially while you are on some sort of mind enhancing experience :D
    Tangerine Sky and Rip The Night Away by the kottonmouth kings always make me extremely happy and relieved.

14. I cry everytime I hear the black eye peas or anything similar. Damn I hate KISS fm.

15. you cry cuz the music is so bad, or you get into it? haha

16. when BIG died before Life After Death came out and he didnt get to see it go 10x platinum that was sad but song #2 'I miss U' the fact that BIG made for his dead homies then when it came out everybody was listening to it thinking about him :(

17. I don't consider that music, just sound effects and a vocal. It's horrible, I cannot stand it.

I do feel pink floyd though, dark side of the moon gets me emo.

18. Very true, i was just checking. The wall gets me emo ahaha. Good bye cruel world, and on the turning away... makes you wanna get your razors :eek:

19. what's whatever your music of choice then? is it not just sound and vocals. i hate when people say rap and hiphop ain't music. i'd like to see you spit a hot ass rhyme over a hard ass beat. rapping is hard, it takes skill, it takes practice and it's music so everybody can shut the fuck up about this rap not being real music.

as for have i cried, no. but that comment pissed me off

20. I'll have to disagree. Rap is not music.

A beat, and talking is more of a poem if anything - but i have heard a rap song that brought me close to crying. Was by a group called "Immortal Technique" i seem to remember