1. so when ever i hear people talkin about rolling jays or see videos or anything concerning jays i always see people put crutches in them. personally i prefer to not put them in as it sort of makes the smoke taste tainted.. is this just me or does any one else not like them either. also if any one can suggest ideas to maybe get around this problem

2. I don't smoke jays, but I would prefer an unfiltered one.
    Or at least one without a cardboard filter...

...this just crossed my mind, they should make glass filters :smoke:

3. its like a necessary evil, i'd rather have the taste get a little worse then be spitting out scooby snacks during a sesh

4. RAW filters for my joints.

5. idk about it being a necessary evil.. i mean to me it practically kills the taste of the bud and makes it takes like im just burning paper. as for spitting shit out.. couldn't that be countered by rolling the tip a little tighter

6. gots ... to ... have ... the ... filter!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. It's a must, not so much a scoobie snack issue.

But the paper usually gets wet from passing it or smoking it to myself and ends up falling apart, the crutch gives it a nice mouthpiece to draw off of.

8. what do you usually use when you make them.. ive tried using the card from the papers and a buisness card so far.. any suggestions. and i also love the fave that 3 people said shut up noob lol thanks guys :smoke:

9. I keep index cards with my papers and rip them for the crutches.

You can buy pamphlets of cardboard that are made to fold into crutches, but index cards work perfectly.

10. Try Rolling the crutch into a circle, not a spiral. In my experience that lessens the taste issue. Also make sure you're using some good rice papers, low quality papers taste bad too.

11. dont get me wrong fatsack i consider my self a pretty good roller. my joints always hit perfectly and burn nice and slow. although that boat trick is definantely a new trick that im gonna be using. maybe i just need to try the index card. or do they actually sell crutches

12. never throw a "shut up noob" option in there. too tempting. i resisted and clicked no though.

13. lol i like to try and make people laugh.. i dont take it serious i just think its pretty funny that people actually clicked it

14. just because wiz khalifa only smokes joints doesn't mean hes the master joint roller, hes just some rich rapper dude known for smoking joints, dont get me wrong, hes a good rapper......but bongs and blunts>joints, id rather smoke a blunt with snoop dogg then a gay lil joint with wiz khalifa

15. it really wasnt that badly rolled man.. could have used some more bud but other then that it was a pretty nice little doobie..

16. I always use raw filters when I roll a j.

17. I love crutches in my J's. You don't have to worry about keeping a roach and lighting up/tasting the roach. You can just smoke to the crutch and toss it.

18. Fail.

That guy can not roll a jay for shit. In my opinion, your crutch is essential to the rolling process, you need to be able to pack the weed down onto something to get as tight and fat of a roll as possible every time...I swear I have this down to a science.

19. yea back in america we called them crutch, we only used them when someone fucked up and it needed a crutch. over in europe they always use them as "filters"

but then again they add tobacco to their shit over here.

personaly i hate filters/crutches. just roll yalls mouth pieces a lil tighter. i dont want to here well it saves bud because you dont throw away a roach, well yous supposed to save, or finish roaches.