crush pipe, unbreakable?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by subliminal17, Oct 11, 2011.

1. i got a new bowl at the local shop and the guy said it was a crush pipe, i asked what that was and he threw it up in the air, it was completely fine and he said it wont break. now i know if i chucked it at pavement it might not survive.
    but im still not sure if its safe to tell if it'll be alright just dropping it on hard surface.
    anyone got any info on this?

2. Pics of the pipe?

3. I don't know what a crush pipe is. My spoon is extremely thick and smaller, like 3 in and I've dropped it over and over again on cement and never broke, few small scratches

4. I have never heard of anything like this, but it is better to be safe than sorry by not testing it's limits until you accidentally have to.

5. I had a "crush" brand pipe once.. was a piece of shit overpriced china glass... but it was pretty.. :)

6. I don't know anything about if they were called 'Crush' Pipes, but when I went to hempstalk last year I saw a guy selling unbreakable pipes. He was just sitting there throwing it against a table and bouncing it off and I didn't notice it at first so when I first saw him throw the pipe my first thought was o_O DA FUCK YOU DOIN MANG?! But then I sat there and watched him bounce it off the table for another 10 minutes, seems pretty legit!

7. if its made of glass there is no way it is crush "proof"

8. unless the reason its uncrushable is because the glass is made a different way. i.e. stainless steel bracelets. They actually weave steel so its smooth and flexable, therefore manipulating certain properties.

9. It's not uncrushable, that's silly.

10. yea, silly

11. Only one way to find out....

12. It's certainly not indestructible but I had a pipe my lhs owner threw on the ground (thin carpet). It served me well and handled a good few falls but it defiantly got weaker over time then.. it broke. So don't test it, but it should be good for a fall or two.