Crusader Kings 2 Blades Unite! Deus Vult!

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by LuxTenebris, Jun 25, 2016.

1. So embarrassing title aside that only makes the slightest sense to peeps who play....

Any blades play it?

This screenshot should be enough to explain why you need this game in your life, even without context.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. But if you need more reason....

It's a grand strategy game that spans seven hundred years, across Eurasia, about cementing your dynasties legacy, by any means necessary.

Eugenics
    Kin slaying
    Incest
    Regicide
    Papalicide
    Heretical Cults
    Vassalizing the pope
    Killing the holy Roman emperor in one on one combat

Ya know, the usual

3. I was always told that Crusader Kings is like Total War but with a way heavier focus on the grand campaign map type strategy rather than the focus that Total War has on the real time battles.

I always shunned Kings as too arcane but I might give it a shot if I get time.

4. That's pretty accurate. Battles resolve themslves, but there is minor strategy to them to boost your chances.

It's all about your dynasty, and your empire. That's where the grand plans come out, will you who to have kids with for stats, who to marry for allegiances, who to kill because they're a thorn in your side or maybe you just don't like their face...

There is a bit of a learning curve though, starting a game on Ireland is recommended for first timers (it's nicknamed tutorial island by vets) so you can learn the mechanics while insulated from the rest of the world's problems (if you have The Old Gods DLC, you will have to deal with Vikings from time to time though).

It's also got a fuckton of DLC and it's not cheap to get it all, that's it's biggest downside, the game is lacking alot of the cooler stuff without the big DLC packs, but if you can get it all, the game is absolutely great.

Also mods, you may want to look into CK2Plus, or HIP, as they're vanilla game enhancer overhauls, so you get an improved experience without changing the feel of it. There's also full overhauls like the A Game Of Thrones one, or the Warhammer one and more.

5. Try the 2nd.

So I'm gonna try and do a write up of a playthrough to maybe generate some interest in this game, which really deserves more attention IMO. Sure it's not something a casual gamer can sit down and get into, but it's not Dwarf Fortress either lol

6. So turns out doing a writeup is tedious as fuck and makes the game boring (because you're paused more than you're playing when writing shit down and taking screenshots)

Explains why they're so rare even on CK2 dedicated sites. So yea a full write up probably ain't gonna happen

7. Im ALWAYS playing eu4 how are the two different?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. no surrender the popes a bender.

9. Less about war, more micromanaging your dynasty. Still plenty of war though.

It's more personal I guess you could say.

10. Yah i may wanna get it next time it goes on sale

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app