Cruise to Jamaica = smoking?

Discussion in 'General' started by emdyeks, Jan 10, 2008.

1. If you go to a cruise to Jamaica, is there a high possibility of getting stoned while there?

2. In Jamaica, so I understand, ganja is part of the religion.

If you go to bob marley's house, so I understand, there are kids with cereal boxes full of joints and they just throw them off the roof.

YES

3. is this the truth you speak!?

4. It is the truth, so I'm told.

5. Its real easy to get weed in jamaica, I got some from a cabbie, but I was offered by at least 10 other people in the several hours I was there.

6. Though I bet you'll get ripped off for being a tourist. Still, even if they charge you double it'll still be much cheaper than in USA.

7. my friend went and he said as soon as you step off the bus people have bags and joints yelling out prices. and im sure you could barter them down.

on another note, rastafari is not a religion it's a way of life, dog.

8. Yeah, Wiki said a rasta would say that...:rolleyes:

9. All the dealers on the streets call theirselves pharmacists its kinda funny. Some will even smoke a joint with you even if you turn them down. Most can be talked down a lot from the price the begin at weed is really cheap there but they start at prices we would pay here.

10. yes its very likely you will. don't expect to be getting a big amount of bud for cheap though. when i went , i was lucky to get a dub sack. just get a pack of Rizlas for $1 and you are set. :D oh and drink some red stripe too.

note: the people on the cruise are really gay about it. they warn you about getting off the boat to "just keep walking and say no thank you". plus there are signs everywhere that says 'possession of illegal drugs is mandatory jail sentence'. that being said, the people will approach you no matter what and talk/offer you almost anything.

edit- what type of green did you guys get ? my bag had a shit ton of seeds, but the bud was extremely sticky. i thought it was pretty potent and smoked nicely. also do you know where you are docking ? my experience is with Ochos Rios, Jamaica, i'm sure other places are much different.

11. A rasta in America wouldnt say that. Then he cant use religious amnesty for his weed;)

12. I just got back from a 10 day trip in Jamaica in Ochos Rios. Let me tell you, if you ever have a chance to go down there.... GO! It was fucking amazing! First pick up I had was well over an ounce of some sticky (but really seedy) shit for $50. I picked up from the same guy prob 3 or 4 more times when I was there and it just kept getting better. Next time I bought was about a half oz of some what he called 'high grade' completely seedless and smelled like mango's- he called it mango nani, said it was some of the best grade in Jamaica. again I paid 50 bucks for that. The next 2 times were some what he called 'purple skunk' and 'lambsbread'(not the original lambsbread). These 2, both again completely seedless, I paid about 50bucks for 3 8ths each time. But let me tell you it was some of the best bud i've had in a long time, and I smoke great cali and colorado bud back home (some of the best in the world) all the time.

So advice for when you go down there is DONT LET THE DEALERS TOURIST YOU!!! Buy a sack, smoke a joint with them, show that you're not just some stupid white kid who doesn't know shit about herb. They respect you if you are able to talk about the herb. O, and don't be afraid of asking any one, EVERYONE SMOKES THERE. Even the old people. We did a tour of bob marley's house and I smoked a joint at the end with Bob Marley's Mom, she's well over 85 or so. Was CRAZY. If You get a chance go up to Marley's house, you can puff down on joints the whole tour and the tour guide will even smoke with you and if you're lucky (like me) you'll be able to puff down with Marley's mom at the end of the tour.

Conclusion:
    Jamaica is a better/cheaper version of amsterdam. You just have to know where to look. If you're not getting the quality of bud that you want then tell them that. The only reason I got the high grade is because I asked for it. ask something along the lines of "come on man, I know you don't smoke that seedy shit yourself..." They'll catch on.

And Remember.....

:smoking:ONE LOVE:smoking:

13. Let me add that when I went, I got a cab ride and about a half oz of some chronic for 25 bucks.

This was in ochos rios too.

14. One of my old coworkers warned me that you can get jumped real easy.

Man all of your testimonials make me want to go there.

And smoking with Bob Marley's MOM? Holy shit. I want to meet that lady.

15. Ive always thought it was a dangerous place, dont know if its the media or what but Ive also heard that there's alot of murders etc over there and people getting jumped and shit if you dont stay in the Complex you stay at.

Does sound good though

16. This is pretty much the truth.

Um, actually it's a cult. But I suppose a cult is a way of life.

17. Im with this guy...i went to Och Rios on a crusie ...I found a guy who had a car and i paid him 100 for the whole day...He got me some fire im talkin to notch shit ...We burned as we drove around and then proceeded to get me the best jerk chicken i have ever had in my life ..Getting weed is not an issue and the people there were nice as hell...I def recommend :smoking:

18. i was on a cruise to jamica this past summer on the royal carribean: freedom of the seas

so we get to the part than we take a bus to these falls and no lie the second i get off the bus some jamican dude walks up to me and my brother and says HEY HOWS IT GOIN FELLAS.......U SMOKE? but i said no cuz my parents were near by

at 1 point i was at this plaza where all these shops, restaurants and bars were and some guy in a taxi cab asked if we need a ride we said no he than asked if we smoke and again we said no he than asked what no other dealer asked before and said u want girl? and we were like WHAT?? he said yea shes in the cab waiting for u my bro says i dont need to pay for my girls and me, my brother, and my cousin were laughing and he said with a serious as face why u laughing?

so eventually me and my cousin just capped from a dealer who was working at some jewlery store and the guy gives us about a quarter of bud for only $40(american) we snuck it on the cruise with no problem

we also bought like 3 or 4 cheap cigars to roll blunts with

so we would wait till around midnight the time that all our parents go to sleep and smoked the blunt

me and my cousin got soooo fuckin high the first night we smoked it
    i was so high that i was kinda of tripping

19. when my mom told me that people are going to be offering drugs to me in jamaica she wasnt kidding