Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Crossing the Coughing Threshold

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TGF CaliBud, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Hey fellow blades, first post but I'm more than familiar with this site.

Out of curiosity, I've been smoking for the past 3 years, and the first time i smoked it was out of some plastic bong that didn't even get me that high.

The second time was out of a glass statue named Mary, that broke upon hitting it.

Now up until that point, i got decently high, but i never went into a full fledged cough attack, and from my experiences of smoking, i learned that every person Ive smoked with whether it be there 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th time smoking, one of those times they go into a state of mad coughing for like 5 minutes straight, with me it was on the fattest joint i ever smoked, my buddy crammed 1.2gs into a zag and we got mad baked, but halfway through that jay i went into a state of coughing fit and thought i was about to see 2 lungs attached to my throat on the ground.

Same thing happened to my first time buddy when i rolled a fat blunt for us. and then a month later with our other first timer we smoked with for the 3rd time and he got so baked off our $245 set up bong that he puked in a bush, jumped in the pool, and then got out coughing for another hit.

Anyways the point of this thread is to see if i'm the only one out there that went through this somewhat "Coughing right of passage" because ever since that 1 day of coughs, i haven't coughed near as severely as that.

Welp! that's my post and i'm high as a mo fo so tell me what you guys think?:smoke:

2. Never really thought about this but the first time I got high was shortly after a coughing fit. Your theory may be true to some extent.

3. I've been smoking for 3 years now and im still coughing. My friends mom is almost 40, been smoking since she was 14, she still coughs on 1 little snapper.

Not coughing isnt something you "develop" i would say. It just depends on the person.

Same with red eyes. I know people who smoke themeselves stupid but their eyes stay white as the clouds, but mine turn red as the devils dick off of 1 hit.

4. It may be my resistance but I've been smoking every day for some time now and my eyes don't turn red any more and after the first month or two I stopped coughing completely unless I blow several rings consecutively. :cool:

5. no no no. your not getting my point, i realize everybody still coughs, i still cough. I mean like a full fledged coughing FIT. where they don't talk or say anything but legit, cough for a solid 3-5 minutes non stop straight after a couple of hits.

If you still do that after an entire life time of smoking then i don't even know what to say... this should only happen to people who are getting ridiculously high for there fist time and have never had a coughing fit like this

6. My eyes still get red as the devil! But I don't cough anymore for some odd reason... Only with bongs will I cough.

7. Everybody coughs sometimes. Just means you did the job right.

8. I usually don't cough, and if I do it's usually pretty light, but there are times when I underestimate the hit I took (mostly with bongs and/or hotboxing a car) and then I'll cough for a few straight minutes without being able to talk.

It sucks to cough so much, but I'm always high as fuck afterwards and I just forget about it even happening after a few minutes and I'm ready to keep toking.

9. THC (and other cannabanoids) naturally just irritate the throat, regardless of how long you've smoked. Hell, I have a vaporizer and I still cough a lot when I get a really good draw.

However, overtime, you become more tolerant to it.

10. if i didnt want to cough i would take small hits, but because i am not a woman, i always go for huge rips.

11. hahahaha hella high people thinking way to hard about the topic, i meant just when you first started smoking, not as of right nowwwwww, think back mah brothassss

12. I always cough on the 3rd hit.

13. First time I smoked was out of a bowl, it was super smooth and I didn't cough once. I was so surprised. I thought I was superhuman. Then I tried a blunt for the 2nd time I ever smoked. Holy fuck that was a mistake. It was literally the hardest/longest ive ever coughed. I took a small hit and I kept it in my mouth for a bit, then just took a breath of air and.....coughed my brains out. I had no idea how much smoke would come out lol. It was miserable.

Then I started smoking more often and usually I only cough 2-3 times now after a really really good hit. And I only cough if I hold it in for too long.

14. I usually don't cough when I'm smoking from my pipe, but with my steamroller, if I take too big of a hit, I cough like crazy.

15. I trained myself not to cough from the beginning, so it never really was an issue for me.

I've discontinued smoking joints and blunts for the same reason you are having issues, the smoke was just much too harsh for me once I involved papers with my bud. Maybe stick to glass? That's helped me avoid a lot of irritation.

16. hehehe welpppp. i use a glass bubbler now o_O

i roll fatty jays and then eat cookie cream sandwhiches

17. On his 5th time, my friend started coughing like crazy and said he felt like vomiting, but never did. After that, he never really coughed anymore until this one time where we smoked an eighth between 4 people, and he coughed for 7 minutes straight, and finally threw up, hahah.

18. I coughed for a long as time but i just started taking a bunch of small hits instead of one big fatty.