Crossing the boarder deep in the wilderness

Discussion in 'General' started by POWskier, Dec 19, 2013.

1. #1 POWskier, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2013
    [​IMG]

I found this area near the BC, WA boarder and I skin up with a group, and ski down. However I always get a message saying, "Thank you for using AT&T abroad" or some shit, then my phone wishes me happy travels abroad. I think I may cross the boarder at some points during these trips. Should I try and not cross over into canada or is this ok to do? I try not to, in general.  

2. One day I want to own the balls to climb and ski down a moutain like that :smoke:

3. That is a nice lookin mountain 

4. Oftentimes you don't need to actually cross a border to pick up a foreign signal. When you get those messages, you're just closer to the Canadian towers and your phone thinks it's abroad.

Stupid phones. Think they're hot shit; they ain't got shit.

5. I went hiking up around there in the summer and it was awesome, then I thought it would be sick to ski since this area gets snow thats 30-50 feet deep and the elevation is high. its crazy how the landscape transforms from the snow. I just have to watch for avalanches though because those are no joke, but it just takes navigating around those areas that are prone to avalanches and I try not to go when its too dangerous out. Sunny cold days are nice. 

Yeah, your probably right. Would anything bad happen if I were to cross the boarder in a remote area in the mountains? haha just curious. 

7. I doubt it, it's a simple mistake. They can and have arrested people for it, but I don't see that as likely. If anybody of authority were to question you on it, which isn't likely in a remote area, you would truthfully and respectfully tell them that you weren't aware, it was a mistake, and you'll cross back over.

If you're really worried about it, just carry your passport with you. At the very least, make sure you have ID.

8. Go to the top of the mountain and light the beacon! We MUST warn the others!

9. here in san diego, if you go to cabrillo national monument, you'll lose reception, and when you get it back you'll get a message welcoming you to mexico :D

so it doesn't necessarily mean you are crossing the border, just that you're close enough to pick up that country's signals i think