Crossing the American border

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Craiganja, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Hi, I've been registered for quite a while on the forums but haven't really got around to posting all that much.

Anyways, I live in Sault Ste Marie, a city that borders the United States. I was in college the past year in Windsor Ontario and decided to take a trip down with my brother to visit some friends. Originally we were going to fly down as it would be a lot quicker and American customs are a bitch to get through. I texted some friends letting them know that I'd being a half ounce of some nice hash. My friend told be to be careful, and I jokingly told him I'd hoop it.

Ended up we couldn't afford the plane tickets so we decided to drive. It's six hours faster to drive through the states to get there so obviously we decided to drive through the US. I would never bring drugs across the border as I've been searched crossing several times and many times there have been dogs at the border smelling everyone's car.

So we left yesterday morning early. After we crossed the bridge we handed our passports to the customs officer, explained to him we were just driving through while we went to Windsor. He asked us several questions about where we went to school and where we were employed. Eventually he radioed two customs officers over and told us to follow them.

We were brought to a garage where he told us to leave everything in the car and only take and money that we had with us. We were guided up to the customs office where we were put in a large waiting room. Eventually the customs officer came up and asked us for the pass codes on our cell phones. I had been searched about five times going across before while with friends, and they never once searched out phones. My brother willingly gave him his pass code right away (he doesn't smoke) and he asked me for mine.

I refused to give him my pass code as I had a bunch of messages on my phone involving marijuana and hash. He got very angery, and told us we would be stuck waiting in the customs lobby all day, that his car would be impounded and he would have to pay to get it out. And that eventually they would get a warrant to search my phone anyways. The room was extremely cold and we were bother shivering, my brother told me to just give him my pass code, so I gave it to him. I wasn't all that worried because I spend a few hours making sure there wasn't even a trace of pot anywhere and I had no idea how much of my phone they would search.

After about a half hour they called me down to the garage where our car was and told me to have a seat. They showed me the text message I had sent my friend about bringing a half ounce of hash. I tried to explain to them that we were originally going to fly but the customs officer had no interest in hearing anything. He said I was to be arrested for conspiry to smuggle drugs across an international border, and that if I didn't tell him where the drugs were he would find them anyways and I would be in jail for 6-8 months. And if I told him where the drugs were I would have it reduced to a week.

Since I didn't have any drugs I really had no option but to tell them that I honestly didn't have any drugs. They sent me back to sit with my brother soon after. About an hour went by of waiting in an extremely cold room shivering or asses off.

The ass hole customs officer came back up to tell me to go with him again. ( there were two customs officers - one was nice one was an asshole ). I was brought back to the garage again where they were still going through my phone. And four customs officers were taking apart the car. They had went through every text, every photo, my Internet browser, and they even searched my instagram. I didn't ever add any of my contacts as I had reset my phone two weeks prior (thank god).

They told me to write down a list of everyone I had ever smoked pot with. I refused and told them they were nazi's. They took out handcuffs, put them on the table and said I would be arrested for conspiracy to smuggle drugs and harassment on an officer. So I told them to give me the paper and I'd start writing names down. He also said "no fake names - I don't want to see a bunch of John smiths up there we'll know".

It's very difficult to make up names that sound real when your under that much pressure. So I decided to take the names of people I know and switch first names and last names. I wrote down as many fake names as I could think of and handed the paper back to them. They asked how old I was and I told them 19, the officer told me I look like a "15 year old pretty boy". They guided me back upstairs past my brother into concrete room, locked the door. I was told to take off my shoes, socks, and t shirt .He told me to face the wall, put my hands on the wall, and spread my legs and to walk backwards toward them. Then the asshole officer put on latex gloves.

He patted down my entire body. Then he started feeling my package, which I was extremely uncomfortable with. He patted me down for a good five minutes. Told me to open my mouth and spread my cheeks with my fingers. Examined my mouth for another bit. Then got the other officer to come over and he told me they need to a cavity search. I refused and started freaking out. They threw me to the ground (both were twice the size of me, I'm a small guy) and held me down. The officer pulled down my shorts and shoved his finger up my ass. Never having had anything enter my ass before I felt extremely violated.

They did a pat down on my brother soon after as I sat on a bench in the after being raped position crying. Then told us we were free to drive across the US. They also told me if I ever heard of drugs passing through the US to give them a call and he gave me his card and winked.

I can honestly say yesterday was the worst day of my life. I felt like I was actually violated by this officer. When I get back home I'm going to talk with a lawyer.

Sorry for the long ass post and I hope you enjoyed my story.

2. Holy shit that's fucked man, luckily u didn't have anything in the car and that's bullshit that they made u guys give up your phones, such an invasion of privacy, makes you not wanna drive across the border at all. Do they put your car together for you?? I've heard stories from people saying they ripped apart there car and than just left them there stranded with no idea how to put it back but never knew if they were actually true. Man they force you around and shove fingers up your bum and they say your the bad guy for having a few weed related texts on your phone. So fucked man I feel real bad for you.

3. I thought this was going to be a thread about border-jumping mexicans and their journey

4. Fuck them dude you talk to a layer and fuck em up there's no way that was legal

5. What they did was illegal they're not allowed to search tour phones without a warrant

6. They said I was an international citizen and I don't have any rights as im not American when I brought up my rights.

And they out back together a lot of the car but they cut open seats - broke the speakers and had our luggage everywhere.

7. I hope you got all there badge numbers so you can fuck up there world

8. Good god this is horrible. I hope these people are brought to justice.

9. You need to sue the shit out of them. They had no reason to search you and what they did was highly illegal. Seriously OP dont let this one to by without suing those assholes

10. [quote name='"ddoublevision"']You need to sue the shit out of them. They had no reason to search you and what they did was highly illegal. Seriously OP dont let this one to by without suing those assholes[/quote]

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if this was legal. Considering the stupid laws that get passed nowadays

11. So were these US officials or Canadians? Anyway it goes, it's your word against theirs. Good luck. I had my prostrate checked before, but the doc used a lube on his glove.

12. It was the American customs, and he did use lube.

13. how many knuckles did he get in ?

14. probably the highlight of the customs officers day. get a lawyer man.

15. Shit...I can't believe they treated you like that, especially for the fact that they had no idea what was even on your phone when they made you guys stop.

There has to be SOME way that you can get back at them legally. To not do so would be a true miscarriage of justice.

16. Wow!... thats fucked up! If I had to take a poo id shit all over that dudes hand... fucking hall monitors got bullied in school on the power trip!

17. So, wtf did they use as probable cause for all the shit that they did? The fact that you're young?

Lawyer up...meantime, if those cops ever decide to have some "fun" in Windsor, I hope you get to reciprocate on them when the local constabulary busts them!

18. Damn thats fucked man. Im not so sure what could be done from a legal standpoint though. Like others said, its there word against yours. And Im sure they recorded or took pictures of all hash talk on your phone... That might be something that you don't want brought up again haha.

But I hope things are made right either way

19. They do HAVE to put your car back together. Its just a matter of you stepping up and telling them in a very CALM manner tell them that they do need to put your shit back in order. My brother in the navy told me stories how when he was my about 24 him and a couple friends went to BC and came back down. Then they tore their car apart because Two of them were high on edibles they had eaten a few hours before they got to the customs. He had to actually call his lawyer put him on speaker phone and tell them again very calmly that if they do not put it back together they will see him in court and get fucked over big time. Needless to say they put it back together very sloppily but they did get it semi organized.