Crossing Breeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dreamer88, Oct 8, 2010.

1. So this might be a stupid question, but I'm pretty baked so cut me some slack. I was just wondering how you cross strains (ie. Norther Lights x Sour D). It can't be as simple as just shaking the Pollen from the male of strain X over a female of strain Y, so how is it done. Thanks for the kindness :smoke:.

2. lol i mean.... it seems like it should be more complicated that that right...but, sex isnt very complicated, and it definitly can create a cross breed between the 2 parents.... same situation

3. That's one way to do it. Chose a male plant with the best desired traits (Nodes, height, bushyness, etc...) and gather it's pollen.

Then, find a female of a different strain with your desired traits and pollenate it with the males pollen.

4. Really now...great information guys, thanks for the replies (rep+). Definitely going to experiment next year :hello:.

5. you mean the next 10 years. its not that easy. just because you cross two plants you may get 1000's of seeds but only 10's of those 1000's will be good plants then you have to breed another generation from those 10 or so good seeds and see how many good seeds you get from the next 1000 seeds and keep going from there until your reach a stable strain

6. Oh no, of course. I just meant that I'm going to START next year, after I have a couple cycles of just growing under my belt at least.