Crossfit. Love it or hate it?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Mushie, Aug 28, 2012.

1. #501 As Above So Below, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2013
    He stood there for almost 10 seconds before he pressed anything... I don't need to post shit for you... Because I do it right... Almost anyone will tell you, that if you have to stop before pressing, that's too much weight. It's supposed to be all one motion. Not lift, hold, decide if you can press or not, then press....................................

Are you missing something? Or are you just butt-hurt?

2. #502 As Above So Below, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2013
    Oh it's the douche bag who doesn't let anyone see or comment on his profile. Of course. Can't let anyone comment so he doesn't get butt hurt.

3. Watch The Olympics. Tell me klokov does it in one movement. You have no idea what you're talking about.

4. It's not a press it's a jerk. Learn to oly lift before you critic people

5. Your resistance makes my penis hard.

6. Can I touch it?

7. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1a5Tf16sd0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Just hit 190 today.

Here's your "in one motion" lift. It's called a snatch and that was a 5 pound pr. 205 is close

8. #508 Carl Weathers, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013

You can seriously injure yourself doing any form of physical activity, especially when that is moving large weights. No one encourages poor form in crossfit, and in my experience you'll be stopped immediately if you're doing something wrong. If left to yourself in a regular gym, chances are there wont be anyone except other patrons who might give you unqualified advice. So the chances of injury doing your own workout unsupervised are probably much higher. And squats, deadlifts, bench, farmers walk, etc. are all things you'll encounter in a crossfit gym. It doesn't really sound like what you're doing is anything out of the ordinary.

9. 15min to work up to a heavy snatch. I only got 85lbs but I was mostly working on form
    6min Emom of 2 snatches at 80% of previous weight.  I did mine at 65lbs.

Conditioning Workout:
    200m sprint
    rest 1min
    400m sprint
    rest 2min
    800m sprint
    rest 2min
    400m
    rest 1min
    200m
    I did it in 15min flat, that includes the rest times

10. SKILL:
    10 minute instruction and practice on the power clean and jerk
    8 minute instruction and practice on rope climbs
    CONDITIONING:
    2011 CrossFit Games Event 3:
    5 rope climbs
    5 power clean and jerks (65)
    4 rope climbs
    4 power clean and jerks (75)
    3 rope climbs
    3 power clean and jerks (85)
    2 rope climbs
    2 power clean and jerks (105)
    1 rope climb
    1 power clean and jerk (115)

I did it in 14:53

11. That looks like a fun wod.We did Jackie today1000m row50 thrusters 45#30 pull upsDid it in 7:36. Took a minute off last summers time

12. Anyone joining The Open?

13. Totally I can't wait

14. lol

15. #515 HBGBUB, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2014
    14.1 wooo it's gonna be a burner. I think that weight is gonna be sneaky and those double unders are gonna be hard to go unbroken after the first couple rounds but I feel like 6 rounds is doable or 5 and change... i think I'm gonna do it tomorrow. How do you guys feel about it?

16. 14.1 in the books 255 reps... not bad. The weight caught me like I thought it would

17. i think it's great, i need to get back into it

18. 14.2 looks good. I think it'll be a struggle but right now i feel confident I can finish 3 rounds. Definitely 2 and close to 3... that 14# will be a bitch

19. In my experience crossfit is great for making u better at crossfit but not much else. Because theres not a structured program you see a lot of initial gains but eventually begin to plateau and the gains slow down significantly. Its the reason the pros who do the crossfit games dont actually follow the wod online. Its great for staying in general shape but if u have a specific goal such as bulking up or getting stronger then youll probably do a lot better with a personal trainer

20. It's definitely not for body building. You won't get big doing crossfit for sure but you will get a hell of a lot stronger. It may take longer than just going to the gym though and squatting you are right there. I'm in it for the long haul though so if it takes me 10 years to get up to a 350 or 400 back squat so be it. That's just me and my personal goals though it's not right for everyone.

That being said at my gym we do a strength program before we do the wod. A lot of boxes are starting to do that now. You never really plateau if you just wod but like you said you'll just get good a crossfit haha and that's cool but I'd rather have a healthy mix of both.