Crossfit. Love it or hate it?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Mushie, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Whew, 4 days in a roe, definitely gonna take the rest of the week off.

2x2 squat clean @ 175
    3x1 squat clean @ 185

3x2 clean pull @ 225
    2x2 clean pull @ 235

2x2 front squat @ 225
    3x1 front squat @ 235

Wod:

21-15-9

Cal row
    Slam ball 20#

Did it in 3:17, the round of 15 was the killer for sure.

Weighin in at 165, up 2 pounds from 2 weeks ago. Right on track hopefully I can keep it goin

2. So much for rest days being beneficial. Today was the worst day in the gym in a while.

We did some shuttle runs and after that I just felt like ball sack. Idk what it was but it felt like I was gonna throw up and all I could taste was waffles haha. It wasn't fun

The wod:

4 tabata rounds

Sdlhp 95#
    Hopu
    30" bxj
    T2b

I sat out the first round cause I'm a pussy. Then I did 194 reps in three rounds again because I'm a pussy. Fuck it, it is what it is. I'll be ready tomorrow and won't eat a hugr bowl of cereal an hour before going. Blah

Finished up with 10 min on the airdyne and called it a day. I did a mini wod at my house just because:

3 rounds

20 sit ups
    5 strict hand stand pushups

Did it in 4:11

That last round of pu got me

3. Meh today was definitely better then yesterday but still not feelin 100%. Night shift blows

We did some ohs:

6x10 working up to 125 for the last set

Wod:

3 rounds

10 c2b pull ups
    20 wall ball 20#
    30 double unders

Got er done in 5:51. The first round of du and pull ups kinda threw me off but it was the wall ball that got me the worst. Especially after all those ohs. Gonna go tomorrow and take Thursday off

4. Wednesday was a tough one:

100 burpee
    100 kb swing 53#

12 min limit you can break it up however you wanted.

I didn't plan well and didn't finish. I completed 100 burpees and 85 kb swings.

Today was another tabata

Row
    Double under
    Row
    Double under

Meters and reps was the score. O got 2096.

I sucked ass on the double unders. It broke down to 167, 170, 847, 912 I think anyway.

My normal double under tabata is around 220, that was a poor showing but I'm not really feeling all that good. I didn't really want to go tonight but I'm glad I did

5. Being sick sucks dickhole...

I was sick Saturday Sunday Monday and Tuesday and I couldn't do anything. It drove me nuts, I couldn't have worked out but I wanted to.

Wednesday was my first day back so I just lifted.

6 sets of clean and jerks getting heavier up to 205

pause squats 3x5 @185

back squats 2x3 @205

Deadlift 3x3 @285

That was Wednesday...

Yeasterday I actually did the wod. First we bench pressed

Bench press 3x10 @135,140,145

Then we did death by pull ups, I got through the 16th round, shit fucked up my hands somethin fierce.

Wod:

30 cal row
    30 burpees
    30 double unders

For time

My time was 3:27, I wanted it closer to 3 flat but I was too slow on the rower

6. This is hard
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc2mZkyb2so

7. Looks like fun haha.

Well I haven't been posting in here cause I got a notebook now but I can't let the thread die haha

Wod:

12 min amrap

7 thrusters @ 135#
    7 pull ups
    7 bxj 30"

Got 5.06 rounds, fuckin thrusters were heavy but I'm gettin better at the heavier ones so it was a good day.

8. Today's Wod:

AMRAP in 20 minutes of:
    5 Thrusters
    7 HP Cleans
    10 SDHP

Men's prescribed 95 lbs / women's prescribed 65 lbs

Skill & Strength

Tabata Plank Holds

Rx'd it with 5 rounds & 2 HP cleans

9. Whew did DT today

5 rounds with 155#

12 DL
    9 hang clean
    6 push jerk

Did the first 2 rounds and the dl and hang cleans with 155 finished the rest with 135. It took me 20 min flat. Fuckin hard as wod. I'm beat

10. #490 HBGBUB, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TN634EYGWA&feature=youtube_gdata_player205 Not bad but not great. I'm a bitch When I jerk. I cleaned 215 a few times but I couldn't jerk itIdk what happened when I transferred it from coaches eye to my phone but it jacked up the color

11. Just tried the bring Sally up with pushups. Shit want easy. I missed with 5 to go. Paused for 2 then finished the last 3.

To be fair the last 8 were not pretty but it isn't easy. Fun though

12. there was a Crossfit instructor that came to my work last week, looking for a very large tire for his patrons to flip and move around as part of the workout. we gave him a 200lb. tractor tire.

13. We flip tires. We have a 400 pound one I think. I'm not a fan of flipping tires. I jacked up my bicep the first time we did it

14. Elizabeth:
    21-15-9
    Power Clean and Ring Dips

I did it in 11:58 at 85lbs and did regular dips

15. #496 Carl Weathers, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013

That's pretty impressive, I'd be happy. Much much better than what I can do, and a lot better than many dudes at my box who've been going at it for years. I find it pretty easy to psyche myself out when I'm going for a personal best, and I'm not even lifting much. The best thing about crossfit is you don't have to worry about what other people are saying or thinking about your weaknesses, because they're right there encouraging you.

At the moment I'm still a newbie, way behind thanks to more than 20 years of never participating in any athletic activity. My only proud claim is that I can hold a plank for more than 4 minutes. But steadily improving strength and fitness, best decision I've made is consistently attending WODs. Just have to leave the ego at the door and scale wayy down from Rx.

16. Dude thanks a lot that made my day.

I am definitely happy with it but I'm just never satisfied ya know. When I got 185 I wanted 205, I got that now I want 225 haha its a sickness.

Congrats on the plank too. That's a long ass time I don't think I could do that. Keep up the good work man and the strength will come

17. #498 As Above So Below, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2013
    Crossfit is a fucking joke and you can seriously injure yourself doing it. Stick to a regular routine and you can get more benefits. I read into CF a bit ago and I remember them saying that you need to push yourself, but doing sloppy forms just to get to a number means shit. If you do a workout properly you will see results. I just got back into working out a few weeks ago, and I've been seriously busting ass at the gym and I see results already. And I'm talking about around 5-9 lifts for an hour. I keep it simple. Squats, Deadlifts, Bench, etc etc. The basic full body workouts that kick your ass. I give it my absolute all when working out (on an empty stomach mind you) and I see serious results. I love doing deadlifts, farmers walk, forearm curls, bench, squats, etc. I try to work every single muscle. If I am not completely sore the next day, I'm not lifting hard enough. When I do squats my legs are dead for the next few days, and yet I still work them. Your body is strong as fuck, work yourself to the max. Over training? Yeah eat right and that shit doesn't matter. I can barely type this because I have been doing forearm exercises day in and day out and yet my pull ups have increased incredibly. And my forearms still ache like a mother fucker. 

EDIT: I can barely type this yet I just did 15 pullups with no problem, but I can barely bend my forearm lol. 

18. Terrible form. You're not supposed to sit there with it, it is supposed to be all one motion. He is obviously lifting more than he can handle. He needs to be able to do it all in one motion. That's the fucking point of the exercise. You don't pause because it's too heavy. ALL one motion.

Fuckin' show off.

19. #500 HBGBUB, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2013
    [quote name="As Above So Below" post="18992787" timestamp="1384566209"]Terrible form. You're not supposed to sit there with it, it is supposed to be all one motion. He is obviously lifting more than he can handle. He needs to be able to do it all in one motion. That's the fucking point of the exercise. You don't pause because it's too heavy. ALL one motion.Fuckin' show off.[/quote]Youre out of your fuckin mind that was money formThe jerk wasn't great but a pr is a pr. Until you post a video of yours shut the fuck up