Crossbreeding Question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Frugal Rhombus, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Ok so I have 15 plants and 14 of them are from seeds on line and 1 is a bag seed.the one from bagseed is about 4 months old and the others are about 2 months old. However, one of the seeds i ordered was a male. My question is A. At what stage do you expose a male to the female to get seeds and B. If i do the pollenation somewhere else then kill the male will i be able to bring the pollenated plant back to join the other ones without affecting the rest? You can reference my grow journal in my sig. The big one is the one i want to pollenate and it still just has white hairs and no buds yet.

2. Hi Frugal.....you can take your male and place a clear plastic bag over it, shake it and get pollen on the inside of the bag. Turn your fans off and take the bag and put it over a lower branch with buds on your female plant, and tie it off with a twist-tie. Leave it on overnight or until you find condensation on the inside of the plastic bag. Then, remove the bag. That branch will be pollinated and produce seeds. There is a great thread here by cantharis that explains in detail.......I just finished crossing three plants and have close to 300 seeds.
    Check out cantharis's thread here....Setting Seed

3. ok well here's another question, if i get t he pollen in a bag from shaking the male how long will it stay potent for before i have to germinate?