Cross Joint How-To

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Wied420, May 6, 2011.

1. I would consider joints a toking tool, if this isn't the right section, it can be moved or whatever.

I'm sure there's a few threads like this already, but why not throw one other person's ideas out there?

So my basic supplies: Grinder, Element 1 1/4 papers, King Size Smoking Slim papers, Element Paper Rolling Tips, Needle, Sharp Knife, and I had to use my Zig Zag 100MM J-Roller because I have a nasty burn on my left pointer finger and it makes it too difficult to roll as nice of joints as the roller can. (Don't worry folks, I would hand roll them and make them look a lot nicer if I could.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For tonight's ingredients I'm using Dealer-Claimed Blue Dream:
    [​IMG]
    Not exactly what I'm used to seeing down in the 507, but it has a nice aroma to it and smokes great none-the-less.

So grind up enough buds to make the size of joint you want. I probably used maybe 1-1.5 grams?

[​IMG]
    (No, not all of this ended up in the joint!)

So, load the roller for the large joint, about 1g.
    [​IMG]

Then, following Mr. Khalifa's advice, make that little "W" for weed in the paper tip, and roll that up:

[​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]

Throw that in the space left in the roller, tuck it, and roll twice (so its not a super tight joint, just a nice firmness). And then slide the Smoking Slim (which had to be trimmed, since they're 110MM), and out pops a cigarette-looking joint.
    [​IMG]

Then about .5g into the roller for the smaller Elements.
    [​IMG]

Then tuck, and roll through it about 5-6 times to make sure that it gets skinny, then feed the Element paper in, and you have your horizontal joint. Here's a shot of the size comparison:
    [​IMG]

You want to make sure that the length that the horizontal joint will stick out is the same length that it goes through the vertical joint. (You can tell that I was baked and didn't have a ruler to measure the center of the Element. Really poor estimate of the middle, you should do better!)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I took the needle and made a hole through the middle of the smaller joint, making sure one side has a larger opening than the other (this is the hole that will face the mouthpiece once slid into the larger joint).
    [​IMG]

Then its just a matter of making the same diameter hole in the vertical joint as the smaller Element, and then slide it on through until its centered!
    [​IMG]

Twist the ends, and then give it a little puff. If you can feel that suction against the end of the joints you're good (that was the case with this one, nice and tight intersection). If you have a leak, no worries, just tear the gum strip off a paper, and lash the two joints together.

Now please forgive me, but these are the only two pictures I took while it was burning, just to show that it doesn't run too much, and they burns pretty evenly! And unfortunately, this was at about 2:30AM and I have been smoking all night. So I couldn't quite finish this cross joint by myself... should be a great wake & bake tomorrow morning. :smoke:

[​IMG] (give me a break, I had to light each tip separately!)

[​IMG]
    Not too shabby eh?

2. love it. Don't have any long papers right now, but i'll give this a try tomorrow. (i got here from highdeas btw)

3. You're foco on there? Or did you just not upvote it? :D

4. This was my first attempt at one aaages ago:

[​IMG]

Looks a bit weird, but it did smoke lovely! All ends met up at the same time :)

5. #6 Wied420, May 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2011
    I usually like to roll a nice hand-rolled cone for the vertical joint, but with this burn I got from my hot glue gun... I just don't quite trust my skills. But I like the roller for the horizontal joint because you can make it the same diameter the whole way through.:smoke:

6. i SWEAR i did. but then i checked again and i didn't. I blame the weed.

7. I NEED to accomplish this somehow..

8. im totally gonna do this, and i have some really good ideas. im gonna use cellulose papers on one part of it. Ive rolled a cross blunt/joint before hahahaha it was shitty tho, my first time doing it,
    but these are VERY good instructions, i love it man.
    keep em coming.