crop yield

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by popsson, Jun 14, 2006.

1. i had to rip 6 leaves off my plant. will this substantially reduce my crop yield?

2. How big is the plant? How old? Setup?

3. In that case, yes!
    Wht do you figure the percenage was? I would think that you could strip 20% off without too much sacrafice.

4. Probably not.

5. i wouldnt think it would affect it at all unless it was a 6 out of 7 sorta thing.

6. the plant is about 4 to 5 weaks old

i ripped the marjority of the bottom leaves off because they turned yellow and died [​IMG] i have 7 leaves left. there were 13.

7. I have good news and bad news. Well the good news is riping the leaves off isn't going to hurt your yeild. The bad news is you shouldn't be having yellow and dead leaves 4-5 weeks into veg. This sounds like a major lack of nitrogen. Does your soil have any ferts in it? are u ferting it? Its true that to much ferts will kill a plant but if you don't have the right ferts in the soil already the plant will die of starvation. MJ plants are just like gold fish. You have to feed them to keep them alive but don't overfeed cause their too stupid to stop eating and will kill themself.

8. More likely a shortage of magnesium. Give some epsom salts, a teaspoon to a gallon. Results are often dramatic.

Magnesium is vital to all plant growth, being an essential constituent of chlorophyll. Many commercial soils contain virtually none of it, and adding it is often overlooked.

9. yea i just got a fert it has all of the nutrients. schultz all purpose. so i should be seeing better growing results.. the 1st couple of week the plant was growing like mad, i would wake up every morn and the plant was bigger. but it has slowed down. so by adding these nutes im hoping it will grow like it used to.

10. Thats good to hear popsson, just remember to use a 1/4 to 1/3 of the recommended dossage untill you have determined how your plant likes the new food. Then increase or decrease depending on how it takes it, every plants diffrent on how much they like.Have you transplanted your plant yet? This could be another reason for slowed growth. Just a thought. Good luck.

11. im using 10 10 5 fert and yes i transplanted it to a huuuge pot.

12. not at all tryin to thread jack.....but since we are on the topic: i have the liquid shultz plant food (dierwolf said to use it) well im havin the same problem as the orignal poster my bottom leaves are yellowing, so should i use epsom salt or would that be bad with the liquid plant food?

13. Really, what do you reckon??