Crop steering?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by lilmink, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Just setup a 4x4 with 8 plants , coco/perlite top feed drain to waste. How do I setup crop steering? Anyone have info on this? Is it completely necessary?

2. Moooooooove? Is it?
    I got no clue what you mean by crop steering..
    Sounds like some hype for training ones plants

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. So you arrived two days ago? I guess you won't be here for long, the way it looks.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Wow, your a real peach of a fellow.
    Nice sense of humor as well..
    Bravo.
    If this is how you steer "your thread" I shudder to think how you deal with your plants.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. You are uselessly posting spam on my thread if you have nothing beneficial or even relevant about the topic then why are you even posting?

6. Do you even know the definition of spam?
    You haven't even really even defined what question you have.
    Just "crop steering" is it necessary?
    Like, what are other people supposed to start searching your vague term in hopes to translate information to you?
    It's not like this is a journal of yours, you posted a very vague question, in what- the coco area .
    If "Crop steering" is a thing , it's hype or another name for over complicating the act of training ones plants.
    If it's a mechanical means, you would do better off to reference the machine or at least the theory and where you saw said "tech" referenced.
    And just to note, that when someone responds on a thread, it technically bumps it so other can see it- so yes, I actually am helping.
    Broaden your understandings, maybe you'll actually learn something if your not so quick to fly off the handle.
    However maybe you can just use that disagree button a little more.
    As if it achieve anything.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. If you have to ask, you are not ready to utilize crop steering. It's unnecessary and an easy way for a noob to fry their plants.

It's more geared towards professional growers trying to maximize their output potential in an already dialed-in environment.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. It's just a catch phrase marketing whatever you want to call it. It's really just switching your nutrient solution ratios to meet the growth stage or I guess anticipating the next stage and then changing the solution ratios. Light cycle and time are the only real steerage imo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. if you been on that long what you asking for

• Like Like x 2
  10. Check out Athena podcasts, the recent one with Roach goes deep in to EC stacking/crop steering. Its what all the big facilities do, like Jungle Boys. They are mostly talking about rockwool, but do get in to coco a little bit.
    On their website, the precise feed program from Dankemshunter is here:
    https://www.athenaag.com/SSP Applic.../athena/assets/Dankemshunter Feed Program.pdf
    It includes all his dry back thresholds and more, its a full on gold mine for someone wanting to start EC stacking.

Is it necessary? Definitely not. Does it improve yield and potency? Definitely does. Is it suitable for a home grow? Depends on your technical capabilities. Have to have in-media MC and EC sensors and the ability to do precise fertigation, like within a few mls. Its tricky to implement without a few grand.

I am working on software for a raspberry pi that does precision fertigation pump control, but its a ways off, especially since I am working 7 days/week right now.

• Like Like x 3

11. Awesome definitely what I was looking for. Thank you