crop dried too fast?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by powersgenty, Sep 6, 2016.

1. chopped down 2 of 4 plants yesterday. one was badly infested with bud rot; salvaged 30% of the plant. the other was fine. it's my own fault, crappy ventilation in my grow room that I've since remedied. I've clipped all fan leaves, trimmed the buds and left them to dry in ventilated cardboard boxes. My problem is that it's only been a day and a half and most of the buds are crispy to the touch. I've smoked a couple of the smaller buds and they all burned easily, leading me to believe that they were completely dried out. My buds are pretty small (most of the bigger ones had to be thrown away) so could that be the reason why they dried so quickly?

2. if they're anything like... powdery, I would throw it away/iso wash it

3. they call it powdery mildew for a reason

4. They need to be cool and not to warm or they dry to quick. I dried in 70 degree basement took 7 days to dry. It's best if dark and don't have a fan blowing right on your buds. You have pictures?
    Good Luck

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bud rot and powdery mildew are NOT the same thing at all

• Like Like x 2
  6. You want cool dry place normally basements a lil wet but dark place cool plenty ventilation.....
    Most noobs don't take the time to cure but once are bud is dried is not dry yet it's a false dry bc at the molecular level there is still plenty water.... This causes bad taste smell and tiny amount lower in thc so cure you bud when you think it's done after week jarring up tight everyday then open for hour pour out let dry off the dampnesst sweat out then Seal back up another day do for week to week and half your bud will get is smell taste and strength levels up good luck btw you would rather dry it slow but dry is dry start curing as long as no signs of mold if you have any kind mild scratch it to ISO hash

7. Indeed, I stand corrected... End result is powdery in both case tho

8. The lesser dense the bud is, the faster it will dry. However, even when you think they are crispy, you can put them into an airtight Mason jar and seal them up (use a jar that your buds will fit into easily without being crammed in but not something that is huge. You want them to get air circulation around them, but you want to contain the air within the jar. Give them 10 or 12 hours and open the lid on the jar and I bet they'll have moistened back up. The moisture deep inside the bud on one of these plants holds a phenomenal amount of moisture, but cut the air supply off to them and they will moisten back up 99% of the time. Now, this is dependent on your buds...which I didn't see pictures of, and actually what you're working with. How did you manage to get bud rot inside? I've only gotten it once and that was with some plants I was finishing outside. I've never had bud rot on a plant on my inside grow. We're you moving them in and out to use the sun to boost your plant? TWW